When she turned around, Lucien was giving her a million dollar smirk. She managed back a weak smile.

"What do you say we christen Nik's bed?" He proposed, motioning to the old rustic looking queen bed. Clara laughed and shook her head. "Ignoring the fact that it would be nice revenge, I only said it to make you smile."

"Listen, about what Klaus said..." about me having sex with Elijah she wanted to say but the words wouldn't form.

Lucien shook his head. "After everything I did to you, Clara, this is forgivable."

"Huh. Aren't you jealous?"

"You know I don't admit such petty things like jealousies, but yes. It did bother me that you and Elijah have such a close relationship." Lucien shrugged and frowned, "Just, promise me-"

Outside the door, Klaus knocked once, lightly. He wasn't sure if she'd even see him but he knew he had to at least try and make amends. Even if that wasn't really his forte. And he also felt awkward interrupting the conversation he caused by revealing something he shouldn't have to Hayley and Lucien.

Clara paused and turned to Lucien. "Could you wait out in the hall?"

"Very well." He said, "We'll finish later."

She opened the door and let Klaus in, just as she kicked Lucien out.

There was an awkward silence. Klaus looked out the window and couldn't find the right words to say. She just stood there and waited. Patiently. She was understanding of his inability to apologized and gave him all the time in the world to speak the two little words. He also wanted to thank her for her understanding.

They stood in the room, silently, for three to ten minutes. Clara couldn't figure out how long it had been when he finally spoke.

"I apologize. I-"

"It's fine." She hugged herself and smiled, her eyes were focused on the scenery outside the window. "I forgave you before the words left your mouth."

"Thank you."

"Just promise me one thing."

"Anything."

She pointed to the door. "Please, just deal with him with a little more civility."

"Only for you, Clara de Martel, will I tolerate such a vile human being such as Lucien Castle." Klaus said, with a slight smile to match hers.

"Heard that."

Clara rolled her eyes at Lucien's comment, "Hm. It sounds like everyone has gathered downstairs on the porch."

Downstairs Kol was standing annoyed, while a few sat and a few stood.

"What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" Kol snatched the paper from Elijah's hands, "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way-- I can assure you haven't missed much."

"Circumstances have changed we will leave here soon enough." Elijah responded calmly.

"We have our niece to consider." Rebekah added.

Freya walked in. "Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible."

"We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my daughter. Before we uproot her." Klaus said walking in behind Clara.

"Any delay is a risk."

Klaus huffed. "One day. We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked. We weren't followed, and i'm not asking!"