Difference in Opinion (Draco Malfoy)

So, this has been posted a day later than I promised it would be and as a result my semi-hiatus has started a day later too. Anyway, I hope you like it and I really will try to post once a week during my semi-hiatus. 

Exams are going to kill me~

I was already regretting my career choice. Not because I had suddenly developed a crippling fear of blood or dealing with injuries, but because St. Mungo's was so much larger than I had anticipated it would be. And, with my lack of coordination, it was only a matter of time until I lost my way. Getting lost in the hospital was a sure-fire way to get myself fired.

"Miss Embers?" At the sound of my name, I turned to look at the woman approaching me. She smiled warmly at me, extending a hand for me to shake. "Welcome to the team."

"Thank you," I said with a smile, looking over the older woman.

"I've organised a tour of sorts for you – I know just how stressful it can be for newcomers to try and find their way around the hospital." She smiled at the blatant relief on my face. "And whilst I would have liked to show you around, I have urgent business to deal with. healer Malfoy will be with you in just a moment."

"Healer Malfoy?" I repeated, certain that I'd heard her incorrectly.

To my utter horror she nodded her head, "Healer Malfoy – if you went to Hogwarts together then you probably know each other?"

"We do," I assured her quietly, feeling my heart drop into my stomach. The prospect of meeting Malfoy, of all people, again made me feel a little sick. "He was two years above me in school."

"Well, he was more than glad to offer his help and he is one of our most capable healers so feel free to approach him for advice at any given moment." She waved at someone from over my shoulder. "There he is now."

My muscles wanted to lock into place, but I forced myself to let out a deep, steadying breath. Compelling the tension out of my body, I turned to look at the man approaching us. He made his way towards us with a smile and I tried to ignore the way each step he took closer to us made me want to curl up inside. Merlin, I was a grown woman! I wasn't the same girl that I had been when we were in school and I certainly wasn't going to let him push me around anymore.

"Healer Pince," he greeted the older woman once he had stopped beside us. As he turned his eyes back onto me, I waited for some form of recognition, perhaps even a slight sneer at the corner of his lips. Or a haughtily arched eyebrow. He did nothing of the sort. Instead he gave me the same polite smile he had directed to healer Pince. "It's been a while Embers."

"It certainly has Malfoy," I managed to say quietly once I'd found my voice again.

"Well, I'm glad to see you again." And because I couldn't return the words, I chose to say nothing.

Healer Pince filled the silence, "Make sure that you show her around properly Malfoy. I'm leaving her in your hands."

"Yes ma'am."

Healer Pince parted ways with us quickly, stating that she needed to see a patient. Once we were alone, I wrapped my arms around my middle, waiting for Malfoy to drop the façade he'd kept in place for healer Pince.

He cleared his throat, "There's really no need to be so apprehensive Embers, the hospital's easy to navigate around once you've spent a couple of days in here. And besides, there's signs everywhere."

My eyes rose to his in disbelief. Where was the taunt? This Malfoy, the one who seemed – for lack of a better word – pleasant wasn't one that I knew how to behave or speak around. I settled for being hesitant. "Right."