Lillie blushed at his words. She didn't think he had remember that night.

"I'll be waiting." He said before she can say anything and then hangs up.

She eyes her phone even after the screen had turned black and debates with herself whether she should go see him or not. Her phone beeps with a text message. It was the code to get into his apartment.

-

An hour later, Lillie was in front of Nate's home, the door was the only thing separating them. This is just to see if he is okay. Nothing more. She tried convincing herself the whole ride there that this visit is nothing more than being concern for an old friend's health.

With a shaky finger, she enters in his four digit code. There was a beeping sound before the door clicks open. Hesitantly, she walks in.

The room was dark, if not for the city lights coming in from the huge windows, she probably wouldn't be able to see, and it was a little too cold for her liking. The door shuts behind her automatically locking.

She takes off her coat and sets it on the couch in the middle of the living room and hugs herself for a little warmth.

"Nate?" she called out to him.

Instead she was greeted by a loud thud coming from upstairs.

"NATE!" she darts upstairs worried that he may have fallen off the bed or something. Remembering her way to his room, she rushes in uninvited. Just like the rest of the house the room was dark and cold. Her eyes shift back and forth trying to find his silhouette in the darkness.

Nate, hiding in the shadows, reaches out and wraps his arms around her body. She was ready to scream but the sound of his voice stops her.

"What took you so long?" he whispered in her ears taking her breath away. Her body quickly reacts to his warm touch igniting her own.

"Let me go," she said trying with little effort to pry his hands off her.

"No," he snuggles his chin on her shoulder.

Then it dawns on her. She turns herself around facing him and eyes him from head to toe.

His face was bruise with a few cuts but he was standing tall and looking healthy.

"You lied." Anger was slowly consuming her.

"Yup. How else would I had gotten you here."

"Let go of me you jerk!" she pushes his chest.

He picks her up and toss her on the bed quickly getting on top of her and pinning her down. She struggle in his grasp shouting at him to release her but he doesn't budge.

"STOP!" he growls at her seizing her shouts and movements.

He looks at her face and his grip on her soften and so does his face. Her lips were trembling and her eyes watered.

"I was really worried about you," she cries, "it was going to be my fault again that you got hurt."

She close her eyes and let the tears fall and bit on her trembling lips. She had already hurt him once with her lies causing him to lose Mindy, she wouldn't be able to live with herself if he lost anything else because of her.

"Look at me," he said with a soft voice.

When she looks up at him with her sparkling blue eyes, at that moment he despise himself more than anything. He knew damn well he had hurt her countless times more than she deserves and now he should just let her go. But his obsession for revenge somehow shifted to a burning desire for her. He couldn't get Lillie out of his damn head. Especially when she said she loves him.