Chapter Thirteen, Hard At Work

The paranormal team immediately begins setting up their equipment after Sharon gave them the tour of the hot spots in their house. Angelica spoke with Jewel quietly in jersey bedroom. Jewel felt a little nervous for she never met someone quite like Angelica before.
"What spirit do you see the most?" Asked Angelica clicking her pen.
"I see them all. But Isabel plays with me sometimes. Or she will hide in my room if she gets scared." Said Jewel.
"Do you see her in here right now?" Asked Angelica curiously.
Jewel looked around her room and began walking to her closet. She opened the doors wide to let in the bedroom light.
"She's right here." Said Jewel pointing at the empty closet space.
Angelica knew that Jewel wasn't lying, for she could also see the young blonde haired girl whimpering in the closet. Isabel was very scared.
Meanwhile in the kitchen, Seth and Mathew were speaking to Sharon and Raymond about their procedures. Sharon thought that Mathew and Seth were kind gentleman. Seth a short, spiked red hair, with thick framed glasses. Mathew however was a tall gentleman with deep blue eyes, and short brown hair. He appeared to exercise daily for his stature was nicely bulked up with a rosary tattoo on his left forearm.
Sharon looked outside and could hear the rumble of thunder. Sharon could feel the storm brewing like a fresh pot of coffee.
Angelica walked around the house, hands gracefully scaling the walls. It was her way to view a part of the past, whether it happened yesterday or over one hundred years ago. She finally reached the master bedroom, a sudden feeling of anger struck Angelica with force. She felt angry and uncomfortable being in the master bedroom. But she knew that the family was in grave danger.
"The activity started here." Said Angelica mindlessly.
Leanne quietly walked up behind Angelica, following her every step, recording her reactions throughout the walk through. She made her way to the new attic, and Gasped at the sight of the faint pentagram. A foul odour filled the room, suffocating Angelica and Leanne. Suddenly something grabbed Leanne's pink hair and threw her to the nearest wall. Leanne couldn't breathe for the odour was so bad. Angelica bent over and skimmed her hand over the faint pentagram on the floor, and a vision from the past hit her like a freight train. She could see a sharply dressed man of a valued stature beat his wife on their bed. And she could see the man turning to his scared daughter in the closet, slowly undressing himself, pulling out his hard penis. He then pinned his daughter against the wall, ripping her beautiful white dress of her tiny frame. He pulled her lovely hair and began penetrating her. Angelica could see little Isabel crying for her mom to save her, but her mom was left bloodied on her bed. Then she could see Angelica throwing herself out of a bedroom window. To be free of her twisted father.
Angelica ran to the nearest bathroom and puked in the toilet, tears ran down her face. Leanne ran up behind her and kneeled down to help her friend.
"What happened?" Asked Leanne.
"He repeatedly molested his daughter. And I also witnessed him beating his wife to death. Literally." Sobbed Angelica.
Angelica fixed herself and continued the walk through. She continued to Jewel's room, and opened the door and felt an overwhelming sense of energy flowing within that space.
"So much energy here." Mumbled Angelica.
"This is the window Isabel threw herself out of." Said Angelica with a sinking feeling of dread filling her body.
"Okay why don't we go back downstairs." Suggested Leanne.
Angelica met up with Raymond downstairs with Leanne closely behind her.
"There is so much going on in this house. For one the evil force used to be a human. But he was not a very good man. He beat his wife to death in your bedroom, but also repeatedly molested his own daughter in your closet." Said Angelica.
Sharon and Raymond held each other, for they could empathize with the daughter and the wife of the monstrous man.
"But there are four spirits here altogether. The evil man, a young blonde haired girl, the mother Elizabeth, and the protective Native man." Began Angelica.
"So do we have to worry about Elizabeth and Isabel?" Asked Sharon weakly.
"Not in the slightest." Replied Angelica.
"And the Native man?" Asked Raymond.
"No. I sense protection when I see him. But he stands at the lone half dead willow tree, so I think equipment needs to be set up there." Said Angelica with upmost confidence.
"I can set up there. But I just need a way there." Said Leanne.
"I can take you there." Chimed Jewel with a big smile.
Leanne was shocked that a young girl was willing to guide her along to the big tree alone. Leanne quickly followed Jewel to the barn and watched an eight year old saddle her Welsh pony by herself, as well as her mom's paint horse. Jewel and Leanne began their little quest to the willow tree, where Leanne will be stationed all night to investigate. Alone.
"Angelica before you start..can you tell me if this is the man you saw upstairs?" Asked Sharon pulling out the old Cunningham family portrait.
"That is him. But hes not just upstairs, he's everywhere." Explained Angelica.
Jewel and Leanne finally approached the empty field with the tall, lonely willow tree.
"This looks like the place." Said Leanne, taking a breath before hopping off the horse with her equipment.
"My dad will pick you up once the investigation is over." Said Jewel spinning her pony, and darting away in a full gallop.
Leanne stood there completely alone with her equipment and her thoughts. She felt that something in the nearby treeline was watching for her. Waiting to make its move.
Raymond stood on the front porch having a glass of sweet tea with his in laws, until he noticed the thundering hooves approaching near the barn.
"She's there safe dad." Said Jewel heaving the heavy saddle to the barn.
"Jewel are you ready to go?" Asked Donna holding her granddaughters duffle bag of clothes and dollies.
Jewel sprinted towards Donna with a big grin on her lively face. Sharon walked out the door with Nicholas and carried his full diaper bag, and strapped his car seat into her mom's SUV. 
"I packed everything they needed. Thanks again mom." Said Sharon hugging her mother.
The golden sun had settled for the day, and the day became night. Leanne sat beneath the willow tree and quickly gazed at the twinkling stars. Oh how they shone like diamond on an engagement ring.
"This is Leanne Lalonde underneath the dying willow tree on the Marone homestead. It's ten pm and let the investigation begin." Leanne spoke into her mini recorder.
"Is there anyone here with me tonight?" Leanne called out to the complete darkness.
Leanne sat still and listened for any strange sounds, but couldn't hear a thing. No crickets, no frog's,  nothing. To Leanne,  it felt the Marone land, truly carried no life within its trails.
"What about the native man? Are you here with me tonight?" Asked Leanne to the quiet field. Leanne began to feel intimidated.
Back at the house the team began their investigation. Seth was set up with the computer screens to monitor for any manifestations.
"This is Mathew with the Marone couple, we are about to begin our investigation starting in the basement." Recorded Mathew pressing the stop button.
Angelica followed Mathew around filming everything in sight, hoping to catch a spirit manifesting.
"Is there a little girl here? Isabel, are you with us tonight?" Called Mathew, holding the recording voice recorder.
"She's watching us Mathew." Whispered Angelica to her fellow investigator.
"We want to help you Isabel, please don't be afraid." Started Mathew, trying to not let his emotions come over him.
"Let's move to the daughter's room." Suggested Angelica with a hushed voice.
The investigators make their way up the stairs, and stepped into Jewel's room. The room carried  an odd energy within it's  space.
"Elizabeth? Are you with us tonight?" Called Mathew to the empty bedroom. But nothing made a banging noise.
The investigators slowly made their way from room to room but didn't experience anything. Angelica could feel the spirits surrounding her, but she wanted to catch concrete evidence so she could prove that the Marone's were indeed right.
"What about you Edward CUNNINGHAM?  You are the biggest coward in the spiritual realm! Did raping your own daughter please you? You sick son of a bitch!" Hollered Mathew at the empty living room.  But nothing happened.
It's now two-thirty in the morning and Leanne still had not witnessed manifestations from the Cunningham family nor the a native man.
"My time is almost at a close. If you want me to see or hear you, now is the time! I have here a k2 metre that will light up if you answer my questions. All you have to do is touch it to answer yes or no OKAY?" Explained Leanne to the complete darkness.
"Is there a native man that protects these parts?" Asked Leanne.
But nothing happened. Leanne spent a few more minutes trying to get the k2 to light up, but failed. So she pulled out her thermal camera and casted it to the treeline direction. She slowly pointed it throughout the treeline until she saw a tall muscular figure showing up behind the one tree. Leanne felt terrified, but shone her flashlight in the general direction of the possible manifestation. Suddenly a tall muscular, yet transparent native man stepped from the treeline and bore his eyes through Leanne's soul. He walked up to Leanne and looked down at her. Leanne froze in place but managed to whip out her phone like a ninja and snap a photo.
"Akicita." Spoke the native man.
Suddenly he vanished, and Leanne could hear thundering hooves, and could see a little aura of a flash light. It was Raymond, and the investigation was indeed over.
"I saw the native man." Said Leanne quickly packing up her equipment.
Leanne quickly hopped on Sharon's horse that Raymond rode with, and rode off to the Marone household. By the time Raymond and Leanne reached the house, the crew stood outside their work van. Waiting for her return.
"WELL?" Asked Seth with a smile.
"I think I captured great evidence." Chimed Leanne.
Angelica stood before Sharon and Raymond and began a deep discussion about their daughter.
"Your daughter has a truly wonderful gift you guys. But I must warn you, if she uses her power all at once, it will kill her." Said Angelica to the shocked couple.
"What do you mean?" Asked Sharon with great confusion.
"She's got the power of an angel guys. I have only witnessed one other case, but that happened years ago." Said Angelica, looking at the hopeless looking couple.
"But we are heading to the Northbrook hotel to review the evidence, and we will get back to you in a couple days. I'm sure we caught some evidence. Okay?" Assured Angelica.
Angelica and the investigators took off down the long dark driveway. The sun was about to rise over the land. To start another day. Raymond wrapped his arm around his wife and kissed her cheek.
"I wonder what the investigators will think of this." Asked Sharon with worry.