Chapter one, A New Beginning

It was a warm, but cloudy spring morning in the concrete jungle known as Toronto Ontario Canada. The smog is so thick you would cut it with a knife. Raymond Marone was a thirty two year old,six foot man with short brown hair and deep brown eyes. And he soul grew tired of being a pencil pusher in a cubical environment. He also grew tired of his alarm clock being the sounds of sirens or honking horns. Raymond Marone decided to start a new life. A new beginning for his family to Harlowe Ontario.
"Are we there yet?" Asked a bouncing seven year old, Jewel Jacinda.
Jewel was only seven years old, but had more spirit than all religions combined. Her long frizzy ringlets always bounced when she got excited. Her vibrant blue eyes could outshine the stars.
"We have only been on the road for an hour honey. We just passed Oshawa." Said Sharon.
Sharon was an older copy of her daughter. Long red wavy hair, but green eyes instead of vibrant blue. Sharon may be only five feet tall and one hundred and twenty pounds soaking wet, but she was as tough as nails. Raymond thought his wife would be an amazing farm girl.
Raymond wanted to finally live his dream, as an off grid farmer. Sharon would homeschool their daughter, and help her husband maintain the homestead.
"Raymond are you okay?" Questioned Sharon.
Sharon broke Raymond's train of thought and he snapped to reality again.
"I'm fine babe, just thinking about our new life in Harlowe". Said Raymond to his concerned wife.
"Remember don't day dream while driving". Preached Sharon. But her husband wasn't listening anyway.
After some time on the highway 401, the family reaches the turn off to head to Northbrook, which was still an hour's drive. Sharon looked at her sleeping daughter in the back seat and thought she looked like an angel.
"Finally we are in Northbrook. Do we want to stop at this grocery store for a snack and leg stretch?" Asked Raymond.
" We really should" Said Sharon rubbing her numb legs.
The family unloads out of their 2004 Ford Windstar van, and stretches for a minute, and walked in the grocery store for a snack. Raymond walked out with chips and a cola, and Sharon walked out with cheese puffs and a cola. Jewel walked out with a pizza bun and an orange soda. The family finished their sustanance,  and rolled onto the road to finish their final journey. Windows down on the late May afternoon, on a windy road was a pretty lovely way to spend family time. Raymond is now getting anxious to start their new chapter as homesteaders.
"Look mommy a deer!" Squealed Jewel in excitement.
Raymond pulled the old van over, and the family sat in silence watching the nature before their eyes.
"We need to keep moving Jewel" whispered Raymond.
So he pulled back on their road with his daughter, wife, and all their hopes and dreams. A few minutes later they reached Harlowe. It was a very remote looking community, that had a tiny Baptist Church, as well as lots of fields and trees. Sharon knew she needed to get used to the quiet.
"Oh there's our driveway entrance." Said Raymond turning left.
Their driveway was long and a bit wooded, but they finally reached their new homestead. A lovely two story, three bedroom house with a lot of promise. The family climbed out of their van to stretch their legs again and looked at their new view.
"See there's already a horse barn. It just needs to be touched up." Said Raymond pointing at an old wooden building a few feet away.
Sharon kept looking over the outside of the house and had an uneasy feeling building up in her gut.
"Hopefully I can get used to this". Whispered Sharon to herself.
Jewel was running around their big yard and found an old tire swing on an old maple tree.
"Daddy can I?" Asked Jewel pointing to the swing.
Raymond nodded his head and told his daughter to be careful. The family had to wait for their moving truck to pull up. Raymond kept looking at his watch.
"Here they are." Clapped Raymond with excitement.
Raymond unlocked the door and told his daughter she could pick her own room. Jewel ran up the wooden stairs like the speed of light, and looked in every room. After a few minutes of hard decision making, Jewel picked the Ivory white bedroom that already had an old closet. She put her pretend purse down, claiming the spot.
As Sharon walked upstairs to find the master bedroom, she couldn't shake the feeling that someone or something was watching her.
"Maybe it's because it's a new house." Thought Sharon to herself. She finally chose their new bedroom.
Raymond is helping the movers unload the big truck with their belongings. Sweat beaded on their red faces, from working so hard.
" well sir that's he last of it" panted the truck driver from a hard afternoon.
"Thanks you so much" Said Raymond handing the movers their money.
Raymond sat on his front porch for a minute to enjoy his new start to their adventure. The sky was a hint of red and orange from the setting sun.
"Jewel Jacinda, are you done your bath?!" Hollered Sharon down the hall, from her master bedroom.
Jewel walked out of the bathroom wrapped up in her pink princess towel wrapped around her skinny frame. Her long red ringlets were soaked but had the sweet scent of lavender.
"Okay my princess sunshine, go get your pajamas on, and brush your teeth. Daddy will tuck you in tonight." Said Sharon ushering her daughter back to the bathroom.
Raymond hopped up the stairs, his whisteling filled the upstairs hallway.
"Come on kiddo, it's bedtime." Cooed Raymond.
Raymond walked his tired princess to her room and tucked her into her comfy princess bed. Jewel grabbed her favourite book off her bedside table.
"Read me a story daddy." Asked Jewel yawning and rubbing her tired eyes.
"Oh alright." Said Raymond chuckling at his daughter.
A few minutes of story time passed, and Jewel was sound asleep. Raymond closes the book and places it back on Jewels bedside table, and kissed her forehead.
"Goodnight angel bear." Whispered Raymond.
He left the door open a Crack and walked to his bedroom, to find Sharon half naked attempting to put on her nightgown. He enjoyed the view of his wife in her black lace panties, and her long wavy red hair reaching her full round breasts.
"She's sound asleep." Said Raymond to his desiring wife.
"Good. Now shall we get intimate?" Coaxed Sharon to her drooling husband.
Raymond wasted no time, and immediately undressed himself. Standing in their bedroom completely naked with a raging hard on. Sharon looked at her husband and felt herself growing horny for Raymond. The couple started making love on their queen size bed until they suddenly heard a deep growl coming from their new walk in closet. Raymond and Sharon sat frozen in fear, for they had no dog.