Spring

They say that 'in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take'.

As one of the most successful business owners, Kuroda Senra couldn't agree more.

----------------------------------------------

It is one of those more peaceful afternoons where all the work and projects are progressing smoothly.

One of those afternoons where the streets in the city are less crowded.

And in Kuroda's office which is located on the top floor, the only light source to light up this cold, dark room is the sunlight that shone through the glass panels behind him.

Kuroda Senra lets out a sigh, the only sound in the silence aside from the background city noise. He spins around in his chair before coming to a stop. Kuroda sighs again.

The average human sighs once every 5 minutes, so, for a rich, healthy, worry-free human like Kuroda Senra, he is sighing way too much.

He stares at the view in front of him.

From the vast blue sky, the white, fluffy clouds to the tall, dull buildings.

From the white, black, blue cars, to the red, yellow, green lights.

Sad people. Happy people. The hardworking. The lazy.

And then, there are the fools.

But no matter, this world goes on. This fast-paced world will continue to move.

The middle-aged man sighs again.

He closes his eyes.

This is one of those more peaceful afternoons, where Kuroda Senra is forced to think. To remember. To regret.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The 3rd year of middle school~

"Senra!" A loud, almost deafening voice yelled from afar, rapidly approaching the young Kuroda. It echoed in the silence of the early morning.

Upon hearing the familiar voice call out his name, Kuroda turned around, only to greet nothing.

"Catch me!"

Looking above him, he saw an idiot smiling with his arms and legs wide open. Before Kuroda could even make a logical decision, he found himself flat on his back with an extra thing lying on top of him.

Kuroda groaned," You're heavy. Get off."

A boisterous laughter filled up the air. The once tranquil morning was not so tranquil anymore.

Shinomiya sat up without a care about the man under him, causing the other to let out another groan.

Kuroda watched Shinomiya raise his fists in the air, whining like an immature child.

"Again! I wanna try that again. This time, catch me!"

Kuroda rolled his eyes and is suddenly taken aback as the weight on his chest is thrown away.

Literally.

He watched in amusement as their other friend beat Shinomiya to a pulp.

Shinomiya whined again, "Wahh, please stop, Shou-kun, it hurts!"

Aizawa Shou gives him one last kick before helping Kuroda get back on his two feet.

They hear Shinomiya complain in the background, probably pouting," How cruel of you, Shou-kun."

The two ignore him, letting him ramble off on his own.

"Thanks."

"No, it's my fault you have to deal with the idiot."

"He's not that bad."

"You're the only one that thinks that way."

Kuroda dusted himself off, finally on his two feet again, only to be attacked once more. "Oomph."

Shinomiya wrapped his legs around Kuroda's waist and his arms around his neck. Kuroda stumbled for a bit before regaining his balance. He then shifted a little so that he has his arms holding onto Shinomiya's legs.

Shou voluntarily grabbed the two bags that were left alone on the cold ground.

Shou sighed at Shinomiya, or perhaps at the fact that Kuroda was spoiling him, maybe at himself for grabbing those bags.

He quickly decided it was all of the above.

Shou waved goodbye as he walked ahead," It's the first day of school today, don't blame me if you're late."

"Yea."

Shinomiya's loud voice shouted," Shou-kun's so nice! Thanks!"

"Idiot. Don't shout in my ear. Trying to make me deaf?"

Shinomiya laughs and sticks out his tongue," Oops. Sorry."

With Shinomiya on Kuroda's back, the two started their new school year of youth and silly things.

-------------------------------------------

They came to a halt to admire the beautiful white and pink cherry blossoms as they flutter in the air.

"Oh~ How pretty!"

"Yea."

"Ne. Senra~" Shinomiya spoke in a sing-song voice, swinging his legs back and forth.

"Stop moving or I'll drop you." Kuroda threatened, though his voice not threatening at all.

Nevertheless, Shinomiya listened and stopped swinging his legs. He hugged onto Kuroda tightly.

In a sweet and beautiful voice, he whispered into the other's ear," I love you very much."

He buried his face into Kuroda's back out of embarrassment, and Kuroda could almost feel the heat of Shinomiya's face on his back.

Kuroda takes in a deep breath.

And lets it out at last," Yea. I know, Natsuo."

[ I love you too, Natsuo]