Peeling hidden skin

Start from the beginning

Mr. and Mrs.Fair looked at each other concerned and then to Cloud who had his hair back to his normal spiky style.

"What exactly is going on here?"

Cloud wasn't mad at Blue, but he also couldn't tell the truth sense he wasn't given permission to. As he thought of a way to explain he gave a look that made him seem distance and depressed, making Mrs.Fair to finally recognize him.

"Wait a second!...I remember you now. You came here once before...you're that First Class SOLDIER."

As if the room wasn't already quiet, the heat from outside suddenly dropped. The sun was loosing its light and the room had to be lit up.

Cloud didn't know why that would be important but he finally remembered what she was talking about. He met her too, a few years ago, she just had shorter hair back then.

Mr.Fair seemed to be caught off guard when she said that. He also took a good look at him. "Your right...he came to our home and we asked if you'd seen our son. You also had a few other comrades with you back then. Too bad you didn't know him."

"What do you mean Dad? They did know each other...He was there when Zack died three and a half years ago."

Loud gasps were heard from the older couple, shocked to hear this new information they weren't aware of.
"Z-Zack died!?"

"Hold on...he came here exactly three years ago, and claimed to not have ever known him" Mrs. Fair stated clearly in a tone that was in disbelief and upset.

The girl marched up the the blonde and shoved him, like a kid wanting to fight. "You son of a bitch!! You made me keep a secret and you even went as far to lie before!! You knew my brother Zack!! He was your best friend!!"

"Bluerose...give me a chance to explain."

Visible tears were staring to form in Blues eyes. She didn't want to show her anger in front of her parents, so she kept her gaze at Cloud. "I'm guessing my family had suffered years without knowing where he's been. They still believed he was alive.."

"Bluerose...how in the world do you know all this? I don't think you have ever been close by to when all this happened."

Embarrassed by the events, Blue realized her actions of attitude, and took off running to her room, to lock herself and  deal with the confusing emotions and reason.

Both the Mr. and Mrs. were worried for what was to come. In all the respect they had left, they walked out of the guest room and down to the kitchen that seemed to be away from the drama.

Cloud was left to think of the next move. Bluerose was clearly mad at him, and her parents were probably about set a timer for his welcome. However by all means, they couldn't just leave. Bluerose was still surround by a threat that could lead to danger again...

He will have to wait until morning to try and talk to her.

~~~

The Darkness of the night sky was lit by the stars to guide her way. Blue had no idea where she was headed, but she could at least breath better out in the open air.

Before she could really stop herself, the anxious girl was already running down the dirt road. Sometime has past as her lungs could no longer take the pressure. When she slows down to find peace, a glimpse of a light bright as the moon dances in the corner of her eye.

When she turned her head to see what it was, she saw a human figure gliding through the sky with heavy armor.

From where she stood she could see the figure land in the ruins of where an old reactor once stood. Knowing it was a risk, she had the urge to see who, or what it was. The feeling of anxiety was lifted and replaced by brave wonder. The walk wasn't long and her seeking was cut short...