Peeling hidden skin

Chapter 8
It was just beautiful to look at and her mother tried all she could to hold back her emotions. The dress was puffy as a cloud and light as a feather. Blue couldn't help but twirl and twirl in the white calf length tea dress. It was addictive to keep moving.

"You know mom...you don't really have to give this to me..." she kept swaying in front of the body length mirror admiring how it shaped her broad back. She wanted to cry at how beautiful she looked, even no hair...

Her mother stood far away to get a good look. The expression of covering her mouth was enough to tell her she was in agreement.

"This was my wedding dress. It's been in that box for so long now...I can't believe I have a daughter who will wear it!...You know why I chose this particular dress instead of the classic floor length or slim fitting dresses?"

Blue paused to try and get her balance back. She felt the world spinning around her as she held onto the wall.  "Yeah I was wondering that. I realized your not really a girly type. Your practical and put too much thought into things...maybe because you hate long dresses?"

Mrs.Fair shook her head "actually, I really wanted a ball gown dress that touched the floor. I also wanted to look sexy and have my skin show...trust me I had the figure for it."

The older woman stood up and grabbed a photo album from under her bed. When she opens it up, Bluerose saw there were three other pictures of women wearing the same dress that she had on. "Oh...is this dress an heirloom?"

With a gentle smile, Mrs.Fair nodded her head and showed her the next empty place where her picture was to go.

"The story behind this dress is quite amazing. My great grandmother was forbidden to marry the love of her life. She was rich and he was a poor man who could offer her nothing...not even a ring.-

-They both ran away at sixteen and eighteen to Gongaga. Here they became farmers and were accepted into the family of strangers. Though they wanted to get married...they didn't have the money. By luck your great grandpa found a white muddy dress that was disregarded in the road. He believed an Angel threw it away for it was light as a feather.-

-Sense it's bad luck for the bride to make her own dress, the groom did all he could to fix it up and have her wear it. Ever sense then, we made it a tradition within the Fair family to pass on this dress and have our daughters wear it. With great honor Bluerose... please accept this gift."

It was a memorable moment but Blue didn't give her mother a look she wanted to see. The excitement was replaced by guilt when Blue looked at the empty place where her pictures are suppose to go...

maybe this was actually for Zack...sense he was actually their son. Also she wasn't really getting married.

"Mom...I really do appreciate the beautiful history and honor this dress holds, but I... I..."

"-Honey? May I come in?"
The sound of her father knocking on the door and a absent response, Mr.Fair came waking in trusting that nothing was going on.

He came into the room to meet a sight of his daughter in a white dress. Soften and gentle eyes were shown to her as he admired Bluerose, he knew this was his wife's wedding dress. What wasn't expected was Cloud to come in right after him.

"Honestly Rose why are you hiding? Get your butt out here!" Mrs.Fair was surprised to see Bluerose bolt behind a curtain after her fiancé walked in. When she walked over to pull them away she found the girl huddled in the corner with her face in her hands. As if she was trying to hide her soul.

"I can't do this anymore..."

"Rose is everything alright?"

Blue didn't feel this moment was meaningful. She wanted the truth to come out and she wanted to come clean with her parents. "I-I'm not getting married!"