Feth's First Calling

"Feth, could I have a moment with you please?" my English teacher asks at the end of class.

"Uh... Yes, ma'am." I answered in confusion.

The first thought that I could put in my mind was, "Oh no, what did I do?".

"Good luck, brother." my best friend Tim said from behind as he pats my shoulder.

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes.

I nervously sit at my desk as the rest of the students exit the room. I begin to twiddle my thumbs to calm myself. Miss Vick closed the door as the last student left the room. Now it's just me and her.

"Am I in trouble Miss Vick?" I asked. Why did I say that out loud?

Miss Vick giggled. "No, you're not in trouble." she answered. "It's actually the exact opposite."

I raise an eyebrow. "Say what?"

"There are two things I wanted to talk to you about." Miss Vick opens a drawer at her desk and pulls out a stack of papers stapled together. "This is your explanatory essay on the 'Oliver Twist' story we've finished reading in class last week."

She hands me the packet and I start examining it to see what makes this so important. The first and obvious thing I notice was that it was graded as an A+.

"What?" I react. "I scored that high?" I shook my head. "But, why?"

"Your vocabulary and structure was at beyond the average high school level. Work that's so advanced as that by someone at your age cannot be let go."

"Wait, what?" I begin to skim even more of my work. Some of these words, I don't even remember writing. Almost none of this seems like something I would have written.

"What's the matter?" Miss Vick asked in confusion.

"I don't remember writing most of this." I nearly mumbled.

"Maybe it's because of how focused you were."

"Huh?" I gaze at Miss Vick.

"Lot's people tend to focus so hard on certain tasks that they forget most of what they did while it happens."

Then I must have been in a completely different world. I thought.

"How much time did you use to study?" Miss Vick asked.

I set the papers down on my desk. "I do remember pulling a couple all nighters.

"Did you have help from anyone?"

"I studied with Tim for only a few hours."

Miss Vick starts to rub her chin. "Interesting."

"What was the second thing you wanted to tell me?" I asked in hopes of changing the subject.

Miss Vick smiles and stood up from the desk she was leaning on next to mine. "The second thing is actually something someone else wanted to discuss with you about." she said in an announce as she began walking towards the door.

I raise my eyebrows and jump out of my seat. "Who?" I yipe.

Miss Vick opens the door and a man wearing a suit and tie walked in. It was the school principle, Mr. Drew.

"Hello, Mr. Handel." Mr. Drew greeted.

Handel was my family name and has been very well known in few countries for my family's history of high rated merchant business.

"Mr. Drew?" I gasped.

"Calm yourself, boy. You'll get a headache with that excitement."

I inhale deeply. "Sorry, sir."