CHAPTER NINETY FOUR

Start from the beginning

Well of course he isn't...as I said to myself last night, he's done it all. Me, on the other hand, haven't. As I think back on Ashton and I's relationship, I've done a lot of intamite and quite dirty things with him. So why am I so hesitant? I mean, it's just loosing my virginity, right? No big deal. Not the sarcasm. Oh my God, this is so fucking weird to think about.

My growingly awkward thoughts were interrutped when Ashton walked out the bathroom, and I was right. He wore a plain white tshirt, and of course a pair of skinny jeans. He bent over and rubbed a towel over his damp hair, flipping it around to dry it out a bit.

"I knew it," I laughed. "The skinny jeans are back."

"AND THEY SHALL NEVER LEAVE." Ashton said, followed by both of us cracking up.

"Can you at least roll them up?" I asked.

"Why?" Ashton replied.

"Because," I said. "I like it when you roll your jeans up."

Ashton shot me a little smile, an sat down on the edge of the bed and rolled his jeans up over his ankles. "So Brooke," he said. "What are the plans for today?"

"Well don't get to excited," I replied sarcastically. "Because it's surprise!"

"Oh right right right," he chuckled, He sprung to his feet, a huge smile on his face. "Ready Lovey?"

"Mhm," I nodded. I loooked around to make sure both of our phones were on the bed, and I looked up to Ashton and pecked his lips a couple times. "I'm driving, by the way."

...

"This is a little far," Ashton said from the passanger. "Where the hell are we going?"

"You're so whiny!" I laughed, glancing over to him. He stared at me with a playful frown, and he just shook his head.

"Just tell me where we're going!" He giggled. I kept my eyes glued out the front window, because I kinda forget how to get there. It was only a 10 minute drive, but I didn't want to get lost in a state I could barely recognize anymore. We drove a little bit more, and the familiar cute and beachy town was starting to look more familiar.

"This," I said. "Is Santa Monica."

"Santa Monica," Ashton repeated, looking out the window at all the shops and people walking on the sidewalk in their beach-going clothes. He looked over to me, his eyes slightly narrowed. "Sounds pretty." Ashton said. 

"It's beautiful over here," I said excitedly. I was actually pretty pumped for this. I looked over to Ashton, and he had the same look in his eyes as I did.

"I'm hoping that you'll give me permission to be a complete 5 year old today." I said sarcastically. I found a parking spot next to the sidewalk trail that led to the beach, lined with palm trees and tourists a lot like us.

"I was literally about to ask you the same thing," Ashton replied seriously, though I don't think either of us were being serious right now. We got out, and I took his hand in mine as he looked around the beach that rested about 60 yards down the cement walkway infront of us. "Shit why can't we live here, Brooke?"

"I really wish we could," I replied. My eyes wandered down to the sandy shore ahaead of, and I couldn't help but laugh. "I don't care if your punk ass is wearing skinny jeans and converse, we're gonna take a mother fucking walk on the beach later."

"Be a cliche couple?" Ashton asked, looking down at me with his eyes squinting with laughter. "I love it!"

...

Ashton and I spent the next 2 hours walking around the little town, basically doing the same thing we did yesterday. We didn't bring our instruments this time, though it would've been fun to be mediocre steet performers again. Well, I would be mediocre; Ashton would of course be perfect at it. I'll be honest, I think these past two or three have days have been the most I've seen Ashton smile. Like, when I fitst met him, he was all frowns and negative comments...then as I got to know him he opened up a little bit more and more each day to show me that he actually is a happy person once you get to know him, but shit. Now that it was just us two in a state pretty far from home, I was almost overwhelmed with joy at how much this boy could smile and laugh and act like a little kid. We walked down the sidewalks, crossed streets, and laughed along with each other while our hands were never separated.