Mild Amnesia // Chapter I

"You still haven't packed?!" my brother, Doug, asked in disbelief. His eyebrow was raised as he was giving me his notorious big brother look.

I sighed and slouched my shoulders under that look. "It's just," I trailed off, "I though you were joking about me coming with you."

"Chloe! You're coming with us!" he stated with a smile on his face. "The guys are dying to see you! You've been in New York for so long!"

"But, it's a bachelor party. And I'm your sister." I said sternly while straightening my back and crossing my arms.

"Would you rather stay here with Tracy? And her parents?" Doug grabbed my arm and whispered.

"Fine, I'll go pack." I gave in making my brother cheer and squeeze me into a tight hug.

"Atta girl! I have to get my suit tailored, ok? Meet you outside in an hour?"

"Deal." I sighed and started walking up the stairs.

Just when I managed to unpack and get settled into a room in Tracy's childhood home, my brother makes me come with him on this trip to Vegas as if I would fit in at a bachelor party! I mean, I did hang out with Doug, Stu, and Phil all the time when we were younger, but I had to distance myself a bit when my career started to blossom.

My travelling bag was open on the bed and I folded some casual clothes for the drive back tomorrow. Now I stood in front of a wardrobe looking at my options for the bachelor party. Somebody knocked on the door and I half yelled a "Come in" while still staring at the clothes because I just couldn't decide what to bring with me.

"Hey!" Tracy opened the door and she and her mum walked into the room. "So you really are going to Vegas!" she cheered with a smile on face.

"Ha ha." I mocked as I turned towards the two women who were now sitting on the bed. "Brother dearest is making me."

"Aw, my dear," Mrs Garner spoke, "I think Doug just wants to spend time with you and his friends before he gets married. You know, one last adventure before he settles down."

"Gee, thanks mum!" Tracy retorted and scoffed playfully. "Chloe!" she hollered loudly which made me flinch.

"Yes?" I asked.

"What are you pairing up with these shoes?" Tracy questioned as she picked up a pair of simple black strappy heels. I sighed and turned back to the wardrobe.

"I don't know!" I whined and lightly stomped my feet in a very childish manner causing Mrs Garner to chuckle. "I can't decide between a dress and a feminine, sexy suit. But come on! It's Vegas! Would people care what I wore?"

"Maybe one of the guys would." Tracy shrugged.

"It depends how loyal are you planning to stay to your fiancee." Mrs Garner winked at me causing me to grab three dresses from the hangers and shove them into the bag.

"Might as well go naked." I mumbled and packed the remaining stuff.

Tracy and her mum stood from the bed and pulled me into a group hug. "Have fun." Tracy smiled and they both walked out.

I glaned at my wrist watch and saw I had 20 minutes before we leave to pick up the guys so I closed the door and pulled on a pair of boyfriend jeans and a sleeveless crop blouse. To top off the outfit, I put on a pair of heeled ankle boots.

 To top off the outfit, I put on a pair of heeled ankle boots