"Nah, my mom did." I said and she nodded. "This shit better be good. You was smacking extra loud in my ear." She said, making me laugh. "Get me something to drink while you're up." I demanded, sitting at the island and taking my phone from my pocket. I was in a group chat with my siblings, and Noah's retarded ass kept texting lyrics to different songs. He was always doing dumb shit but I had grown accustomed to it and didn't pay it a lot of mind since it was apart of his personality.

"You look like the type to have a lot of hoes." Dakota said out of nowhere, putting a glass of ice water in front of me. "I don't have hoes. Just a phone full of bitch ass niggas that irritate me." I shrugged.

"Those are called hoes." She replies. "I don't entertain them. So they aren't hoes, just fans." I explained and she laughed, taking my phone. I didn't bother trying to get it back, I just drank my water and watched her scroll through my phone.

"How you know Ambreiya?" She asked once she gave my phone back. "We have a couple classes together and she's been messing with my brother on and off since sixth grade." I explained.

"How do you know her?" I asked, and she scratched her eyebrow as she averted her gaze elsewhere. "We used to mess around. As a matter of fact, I just cut her completely off a few days ago." She said.
I nodded, not surprised that Ambreiya used to fuck with Dakota. She fucks with the whole city and my brother just had to cuff her hoe ass. "It wasn't a relationship or nothing like that. I don't do relationships, plus she's not the type of female you cuff. You know?" She asked, using the knife to cut her steak up. I watched her struggle for a while before sliding the plate towards me to finish cutting it up.

"What about you? You don't got no boyfriend or nothing?" She asked me and I shook my head. "I've never had a boyfriend before." I responded and she made a face of shock. "For real?" She asked and I nodded. "For real."

"I'm about to be eighteen and never even had a kiss yet." I said, lowkey getting in my feelings about it. The only kiss I get is from my parents and I have to ask for those now.

"I feel like you lying to me." She said, chuckling lowly as I put the knife down on the plate and slid it back towards her. "I don't lie." I said before drinking some of my water.

Before she could even say anything, her phone began ringing and she stared down at if for a while before finally answering. "Aiden, what's going on?" She asked as if she was expecting bad news.
I reached across the table and took a piece of steak from her plate while she had a full conversation on the phone. Since she wasn't even eating her salad, I did it for her and I was about to eat her steak until she stopped me.

"What the fuck? Didn't you eat already?" She said, moving my hands away from her plate. "But I'm hungry again." I whined and she smacked her lips but still allowed me to take some food off her plate and put it on my own.

"Let's do something fun today." I said. "We can do whatever you want." She said without looking up from her food and I smiled to myself, liking how she knows better than to tell me no.

               Aiden Agustin (New POV)

I looked around at all the palm trees and smiling faces and instantly got irritated. Dakota was right, the scenery was a lot different than it was back home and I was missing it more and more by the second.

My mom sent Dakota here because they could never see eye to eye and Dakota loved our father more than anything and wanted to come live with him. I guess my mom couldn't handle me vandalizing private properties and getting suspended from school every other day because she sent me here too.

I dialed Dakota's number, wondering where she was. "I'm literally around the corner. Ju hold on." She said, not even giving me a chance to speak. I hung up, seeing as how that was all I called for. I sat on the curb and got on my phone to occupy me while I waited on Dakota to show up.

Almost ten minutes went by until she was finally here. I stood up and walked towards the vehicle, putting my things in the trunk and getting in the backseat since there was already somebody sitting there in the front.

"Took you long enough." I mumbled causing her to smack her lips. "I could've left you up here." She responded, leaving from the airport.

I looked towards the girl sitting in the passengers seat and gave a smile. She was beautiful with gorgeous eyes and long hair. She was definitely Dakota's type. "I'm Aiden. What's your name beautiful?" I asked, smiling at her. "Assyria." She responded, returning the smile.

"You and Dakota together?" I asked. "Nah." They said simultaneously but I could tell they liked each other. "Okay, my bad." I said, throwing my hands up in surrender.

I attempted to make small talk during the ride but Dakotas rude ass turned the music all the way up so she couldn't hear me. She was always being rude and sometimes I wondered if she even realized she was an asshole.

Deep down I knew she was glad I was here, but she would never say it out loud because we didn't say shit like that to each other. We had certain words we would say that expressed how we felt.

Almost twenty minutes passed and we were finally pulling up in front of a condo. I got out and got my things, taking them inside Dakota's place while she talked to Assyria outside.

I dropped my things at the door and went into the kitchen in search of food. I opened the refrigerator, seeing it was empty. Running my hand over my waves, I slammed it shut and walked over to the pantry that had snacks inside it.

I took a bag of chips and turned the game on in the living room so I could relax. Just as I was sitting down, Dakota was walking in smiling to herself. "You like her don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah man. I'm really feeling her." She admitted, sitting across from me on the couch. "Do she got a brother or something?" I asked, kicking my feet up on the table.

"Yeah, but ion think the nigga gay." She responded. "What he look like?" I asked, hoping he was fine as hell so I could turn him out.

"Ion know. I never saw him before. Ju take yo ass to sleep cause you got a long day ahead of you." She said getting up from the couch and disappearing down the long hallway.

I could already tell I was going to like it here. There was something about how different it was from Atlanta.