Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name) One - Shot

May turn into a fanfiction story later... depends on reads and votes idk

anyway

   The young man closes his book and replaces his pen into its case as the class draws to a close. Fellow students shuffle out of the room, discussing answers and calling out to other schoolmates but the boy silently stays behind, taking his time packing up and savouring the afternoon peace.

   When the room is empty, he treads to the back of the classroom where a girl his age is resting her head on her desk. He smiles warmly and his heart pounds as he takes in the sweet scene; sheets of paper scattered around her feet, along with a few origami cranes, flutter in the breeze that sails through the open window and the paper birds seem to attempt to take flight. Warm afternoon sunlight filters through the panes of glass beside her, making her pastel brown hair glow as it rests on her shoulders and across her brow. Her long red scarf cascades around her dark blue jumper and trails down to her skirt where it flows over her lap and reaches for the ground. In her small, delicate hands she holds a pencil upright with the lead pointing to the test sheet she fell asleep taking. Steam rising from a warm cup of chamomile tea sways with the gentle wind.

   The delightful sight is breath-taking. 'So beautiful', his heart cries. But she must be woken lest she misses her transport home.

   "Mitsuha..." he whispers. Her eyelashes brush against her cheeks as she shifts her head in her arms and hums in her sleep. "Mitsuha..." he repeats, sweeping her fringe to the side gently.

   She swiftly lifts her head from the nest her arms form and raises her eyes to the school-boy. Her eyes widen in shock, showing him the brilliant blue-green colours shining around her pupils. His heart starts in his chest. Suddenly she appears wide-awake.

   "T-taki!" she exclaims, stuffing her stationary into her bag, "Th-thank you for waking me!" She jumps from her chair as if it was on fire and scoops up her messenger bag.

   He grins and stands patiently as she collects her papers and races to the front of the classroom. She sighs out loud, "I didn't finish it!"

   Taki gathers the papers from her hands and views them. All of them are filled with complete answers except for two. He attempts to mentally solve them and assures her; "You're top of the class and you only missed the last two questions." Baffled by them, he places the sheets onto the teacher's desk and turns back to Mitsuha who sips tea from the white cup. "You'll do great, much better than me". He grumbles with his lips twitching into a grin. She smiles, lighting up the darkening room.

   "You know," the tranquil girl starts, her voice quivering just a little, "we could study together sometime, or something, maybe, I don't know, if you weren't busy or whenever." She rambles on, "but if you are busy then that's ok but then if you're not that's great too!"

   They both let out a nervous giggle.

guys im dying writing this halp

   Mitsuha's heart races as she raises her blushing face to Taki. 'Now he thinks I'm crazy' she thinks.

  Taki's heart races as Mitsuha's pink face beams up to him. 'She's making me go crazy' he thinks.

this is trash

*cough* like me *cough*

   "That would be great thank you" Taki manages to utter. Mitsuha places the mug on the desk and they both walk out into the school yard and sit on a bench. "Wait, do you have transport home?"

   "I walk home; so much better than that claustrophobic old bus" Mitsuha admits.

   "Same here," Taki responds and shrugs his shoulder a fraction, "I could walk you home this afternoon if you wanted, but if you don't that's ok"

   Mitsuha fights to contain her excitement, "S-sure yeah" she stutters. Deep breath.

- time skip - they are at Mitsuha's front door after walking home discussing many, varied topics and generally getting to know each other better idk -

   Mitsuha retrieves her phone from her pocket and hands it to Taki; "Would you like to swap numbers?" Taki agrees, his face a red tinge. She can barely breathe until she has gone inside after departing with her senpai and closed the door. She leans against the door taking deep breaths and replays this afternoon's events over and over, grinning from ear to ear and barely containing a squeal of excitement.

   She might never know Taki was on the other side doing the exact same.

∞  ~  ∞  ~  ∞  ~  ∞

Sooo there you have it. omigosh this is horrendous what even is this lol halp

what do you think?

should this turn into a full fanfiction?? (please say no)

Please vote + share and also, don't forget to give feedback as this helps me improve my writing.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Thanks for reading!

bye