Chapter 4: Tragedy

SOC is Home by Corvo :)

~Rebecca~

Vampire's POV

I walked silently. I was following them. Not Natalie. The wolves. A midnight black and bark brown coloured one. They weren't any wolves. They were werewolves. They couldn't smell me, I had covered myself in the blood of a wolf. I kept close to the shadows of the trees. My coven had sent me to find some werewolves and capture them. I held my silver chain/whip in my leather gloves hand. The chain was long, if I pulled my hand back and then lashed out at a wolf, it would automatically wrap around its neck a few times, and then drag it back to me. It was covered in wolfsbane. It harmed the dogs to an extremely high level, so high that it can kill them. I was wearing all black, watching my prey. I was thirsty, but werewolf blood is toxic to vampires. The humans have no idea about werewolves. Only vampires. The wolves were low in the grass, hunting. I pulled my hand back, ready to strike. Then, the black one leapt. At the same time, my chain fastened itself around its throat. It howled loudly, and the other wolf leapt at me, snarling. I had another chain in my hand, and lashed at him too. It grabbed his throat. Then, they were dragged writhing and howling in pain towards me. I smiled, baring fangs at them. "Good dogs." I sneered. They snarled at me and then abruptly the black one raised its head and howled loudly. Oh bother. It was calling its pack. "Shut up!" I hissed at it, yanking its chains tighter. It yelped and tugged hard at the chains, and I nearly lost my grip. I quickly wrapped the chains tightly around my hands and wrists, securing them more. "Be silent mongrel!" I hissed at the other wolf, which had started lamently howling as well. "You shall NOT call your pack, you shall NOT!" I snapped. I suddenly smelled more wolf. I used my inside sight to scan the trees behind me without turning my head. My eyes don't roll back into my head, I just have powers that other vampires don't. I spotted a two brown and one rusty coloured wolves creeping towards me. I kept my back to them, pretending I didn't know they were there. I chained the links of both the wolves together, easily merging them into each other, creating one chain at the top, then splitting off to the wolves. I dragged them over to a very large tree and fastened the chain around it tightly. Then, as the wolves leapt, I whipped around and lashed or again, more chains in my hand. "Plenty to go around!" I yelled, then laughed. But I hissed as more unexpected wolves attached me from behind, tackling me to the ground and snapping at my neck.

I lost my grip on the chains and they flew out of my hands, the wolves whining and shaking violently, trying to throw them off. I hissed again and snapped the wolf's front legs that were beside my head, the back legs standing on my back. The wolf howled and backed away, collapsing. I twisted around and shoved it off me, seeing a pair of bright blue eyes stare back at me. I smirked. "Bad dog." I said, and reached out to snap it's neck. But a white wolf suddenly tackled me, and it was huge. I saw a black lightning bolt on its side. Oh Mother of Jesus. The Alpha. They are the strongest of them all, and very hard to trap, let alone capture or kill. I slammed into a tree, breaking it. I groaned, and the wolf snarled again, and I felt its hot breath on my face. I yelled as it bit my arm, dragging me up into the moonlight. When it saw my face, it whimpered loudly, yelping in surprise and immediately backing away, bending its head to lick at my bleeding arm. "GET OFF!" I roared, shoving it away. It whimpered, looking up at me. I snarled, my eyes turning red. The wolf started getting smaller, and I realise it was turning back to a human. What the? "Justin I'm so sorry! I had no idea it was you!" She gushed, rushing towards me. I snarled, and grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against a nearby tree. "What is the meaning of this? Why did you not kill me? Why did you let me live? And how do you know my name, mongrel?" I roared. She flinched. "Justin?" I snarled again, baring my fangs at her. She gasped. "Oh my god, what did Selena do to you? I'm so sorry baby, I'm sorry!" she sobbed, wrapping her arms around me. I growled, shoving her away. "Yes, that is my name, but I am NOT the one you are thinking of. Who is this Selena? Is she another mongrel?" I demanded.