part four

It's kind of late and something beautiful caught my attention. The sound of horses. I ran out to where it came from and saw wild mustangs running with the afternoon sunset. That moment right away I fell inlove with this place.

I always dreamed about this but never imagined seeing it infront of my eyes. It's so beautiful and there's alot of mustangs running with the afternoon sunset. It's all so breath taking.

"Beautiful ain't it?" I heard Roselee. I calm a little down and nod my head with a chuckle.

"Yeah." I let go of my breath and look at Roselee that stared at what I was watching as the both of us leaned against the fence looking at the wild.

I look back infront of me and saw Lucas running after them.

"What are they doing?" I asked and look at Roselee that didn't possess a smile at that moment.

"Catching the wild mustangs. They wanna...try to make them part of the rest of the horses." She replied and put her thumb nail in her mouth.

"Is that why you don't want me to talk to them?" I asked concerned.

"No. We just don't come along. A few years ago..." she look down then back at them as another older man came running with them swinging his rope. I hear her take a deep breath and reply with a regression playing in her voice,"...when your father still lived here something happened... I can't explain what exactly. You were a new born about...eight months. That man on that horse was there when something happened and ever since me and your father was out he was the only one to help me. I wanted every reason for him to hate me because I didn't want him to feel sorry for me so...I exploded and dropped a bomb or two and since then...we never ever came along so good."

I look at her wondering what happened that I didn't know about. Did daddy do something wrong?

"Do you regret it?" I asked pulling in my lips as she just sighed and look infront of her.

"There's a lot of things I regret. I just wish you knew my side of the story." She replied and look at me faking a smile with tears in her eyes.

"Then tell me." I said in interest. She slide her hand over my cheek and shook her head.

"Not now. Please understand that I'm doing this for the right reason. I don't want you to hate your father. He's been a good father to you and I'll give that that to him but don't...please give me...give me time." She said in a whisper. I nod unhappily and look back infront of me. The older man stopped and look at us giving a little wave. I wave back as Roselee also gave him a wave. He look back infront of him and slowly continue doing what he does.

"Is he married?" I asked.

"No. Lucas is his own son. His wife died in a car accident." She replied and turn around putting her arm in mine. "Come on. Lets go in."

I'm starting to feel like we bond. That she really is trying to tell me something and that dad isn't really the perfect picture. But I'll make sure she doesn't turn me against him. It's for the best. He wasn't a nice guy and he could get very mad sometimes. That's why I wasn't always home because he couldn't handle me being around him. Roselee makes me feel like a new person. Like the old Naygene Steunkamp is dead with her father. Here she can handle me being a bitch but if it was dad, he would've slapped me right across my cheek.