3

The next day was hard on the couple.

Not only had their children been stolen, but Padmè was feeling things she hadn't felt in over two year. As well as Anakin questioning his alleged life to the Sith as of now.

The silence in the ship's cabin was deafening.

Padmè was the first to break the unbearable quietness. "About what I said last night, it's just that I...that I haven't quite healed from M...Mustafar. I'm just not ready to start a—"

But she was interrupted by Anakin."What? A romantic relationship? Padmè, it's not like we were ever divorced. We still—"

Now it was his turn to interrupted by his wife. "Don't say that we love each other. The last thing we act like is a happily in love married couple. We may try pur best to act like it when with the twins, but we haven't truly loved each other since Mustafar. Admit it, we aren't in love in the least." She replied, turning away from him.

"Padmè, do you really feel nothing? Nothing?" Questioned Anakin as he moved closer to her.

"I don't know. Are you sure that you love? Or are you just confusing love with lust? Because I will never be a trophy for anyone." Answered Padmè, barely holding back her emotions.

"Padmè, I didn't mean anything like that. I...I don't know how I feel to be honest. I'm must so confused now. I'm unsure of who or even what I am anymore. I thought I knew...but now?" Said Anakin, removing his gaze from his wife to the streaking lines of hyperspace.

Padmè crossed her arms."That's funny. You seemed very sure of that yesterday, or so I recall." She retold, giving him an unimpressed look.

"I know it sounds unconvincing, but believe me, it is how I feel. I have always been so certain of who I was. I knew I would be freed from slavery some day. I knew that I would become a Jedi. I knew as soon met you loved you and wanted to be with you for the rest of my life." He told her, now returning his gaze unto her as well.

Padmè avoided his look towards her, for she knew what it was capable of doing to her already emotional state.

"But then the dreams of you dying came haunting me constantly. And then Palpatine revealed himself as the Sith Lord we had been looking for for three years, and he offered me a path to saving you...and then everything I thought I knew was lost with the wind." He continued with a certain sad edge to his voice.

"I couldn't see the line between good and evil anymore, it was blurred away when faced with saving you." Anakin recounted sadly.

"I just couldn't let you die. So, I took that path. But the power began to consume me." He said, looking away, suddenly feeling a pang of guilt of his words yet to come.

Padmè knew what he was going to say next. After two whole years void of any apology, he was about to say the words Padmè had never thought she'd hear in her natural life.

Anakin, still unable to even glance at his wife which he had wronged so many years ago, went on. "And when I saw Kenobi step out of your ship, I snapped. I hurt the only person I was doing all this horrible wrong for. I almost killed the one I truly loved."

He turned to her. "I never did say how terribly sorry I was to ever have harmed you. Both physically and emotionally." He explained, walking even closer to her.

"I was so wrapped in so many layers of hate and despise to see anything clearly. I kept you prisoner for so long, knowing that if you were free, you'd leave me for another. I just couldn't let that happen, even if that meant locking you away for life." Told Anakin, now only inches from his wife's lips.

"Now I see the error of my ways. Padmè, I'm...I'm so, so sorry." He apologized as the two's lips grew closer and closer.

They were about to meet in a kiss, when the ship let out a series of loud beeps to let them know they were in Tatooine's atmosphere.

They both looked in the direction of the annoying noise.

But when Anakin was about to check it, Padmè grabed his hand.

He turned to her. "Padmè, I think... you said you didn't want to be in a—"

But his words were silenced by her kiss.

He was surprised at her actions, thinking on how it was unlike her to give in so fast to things like this.

He soon accepted the kiss and gave into love like Padmè had done so suddenly.

However, the ship wouldn't rest, making them break the kiss prematurely.

"You should go and pilot us down to Tatooine." She commanded him with a small smile.

"Uh, sure... I guess." Answered Anakin, still slightly confused with everything at the moment.

As Padmè walked away, she scolded herself for being so emotional. "I shouldn't of kissed him like that! I shouldn't have kissed him at all for that matter! Why are my emotions so frazzled?! Ugh!"

"So much for taking it slow..." She muttered when she was out of his earshot.

MrsSenatorSkywalker