2

"They're taking them to Tatooine." Sensed Anakin as he put the ship on autopilot.

"Why Tatooine? What if the monster who took out twins was a Hutt? We've dealt with them before, maybe they blame us for something?" Asked Padmè, sitting down on a bench by Anakin, who was still standing by the main controls.

"I still think the Jedi will have a part with this kidnapping. They know that the children are powerful. I believe they took them so that they could raise them to one day kill me and restore 'balance' to the force. I knew they were evil." Said Anakin, now sitting beside his wife.

Padmè scooted slightly away from her husband, having never quite recovered emotionally from his attack on her two years ago.

"Anakin, I-" Padmè started only to be interrupted by Anakin.

"Padmè, how many times do I have to tell you my name is Vader. Skywalker is no more." He stated simply.

"Then I am not your wife and the twins are not your children. For I only married one man, and his name certainly was not Vader. And I was only ever with my husband, therefore, you, Lord Darth Vader, are not the father of my children. Now, if you could tell me where my Ani went, I would be much obliged." Replied Padmè using her 'Senator' voice.

Anakin stood up suddenly, barley containing his anger towards her comments.

"You are my wife and do not say otherwise! I may not be Skywalker, but we were once the same man. The only difference is that—" Now it was Anakin's turn to be interrupted.

"What? That he was good and you are evil? Or that I loved him and I despise you!" Shouted Padmè, having enough of her husband's idiocy. "I loved my husband, and you, Vader, are not him in any way shape or form!" She said finally and then she stomped away in anger.

Anakin just stood there, taking in what had just occurred. Usually Padmè would just listen or ignore his rants, but this, this never happened. Had she truly meant everything she'd said?

Vader crossed his arm across his chest as was his go to pose when he was troubled.

He had never thought of how much he really did hurt her on Mustafar.

"Because I was always too selfish. I never saw how much she was hiding the pain. Will as she forever hate me?"

He pondered what had happened.

"Will she ever love me as she once did? Or will her hate stay as long as I'm Vader. Am I really all Vader?"

But he mentally shook that thought off.

"I am a Sith. Or am I? A Sith can't love. So what am I?"
<><><>

A few hours later...

~I'm in a hallway, one that looks very familiar. This the Jedi Temple. But haven't I destroyed this place? I try talking to one of the clone troopers with me, but I can't speak. I try to move, but my body not cooperate. Suddenly, I start slicing down Jedi. I can't stop or even move. I am a prisoner in my own body. Soon, we reach the Council room. My body sends the troopers away to kill any Jedi in sight, no matter the age. I enter the room, only to find about ten children cowering behind the red velvet chairs. One comes out, trusting that I wouldn't hurt them. He says,"Master Skywalker, there's to many of them! What are we going to do?" But the boy's face morphs into the face of my son, and the girl behind him, my daughter. My body activates my lightsaber and the children jump back, the blue glow lighting up their small faces. I know what's coming next. I try and try to stop my movements, but I cannot. No! No! Not my children! But soon they are lying dead in front of me, along with the other children. It is too late.~

Anakin wakes up, drenched in sweat. The first thing he saw was Padmè, kneeling beside him on the side edge of his bed.

"I heard you screaming in your sleep. Are you alright?" She asked, now sitting on the edge.

Anakin simply nodded his head to silently say yes.

"Are you sure? You were screaming about the children. Are they alright!?" She questioned, now more panicked.

"They're fine and so am I. It was just a dream. Not like the prophetic dreams I've had, but ones of the past. This was about that night." He answered.

Padmè knew about which night he spoke of. The night on which everything she'd ever known ended.

The night on which Bail had ignored her call for help, and left her to be forever imprisoned by a man she once loved.

Padmè nodded, pushing away the thoughts of the past. "Alright. I just wanted to see if you were ok." She said as she stood.

But as she turned to leave him, he stopped her.

"Padmè, did you come to see if I was alright because you still care about me? Is there still a little speck of love for me in your heart?" Anakin inquired of her.

She turned to face him."Maybe. But don't think it does. Maybe could also mean no." And then she walked out without taking a second glace.

Both had no more rest on that night.

MrsSenatorSkywalker