Chapter 5

The Park was the only park in town and no one really knew the name of it because it wasn't even a park anyways. It was a small lot, about the size of a small house. There was a swing set with two swings but one of the swings was broken. A bright orange slide sat in the middle but it was covered in spiderwebs. The grass was brown and overgrown.

"Nice park you got here," Hunter smirked as he sat on the non broken swing.

"It's all we have," Dean shrugged as he sat down in the grass. He looked slightly irritated. It seemed he didn't really like Hunter at all.

"Hope is a small town. It's rather nice without all the noise of a big city but it gets boring at times," Skylar explained.

"So where are you from?" Dean asked as he played with some grass.

"Los Angeles," Payton answered.

"Wow, what brought you here?" Skylar asked.

"Our father had recently passed away.. so our mother wanted to move away from all the memories," Payton explained.

"It's stupid. We have to move away from everything. Our home, our friends, our family, our school, just because Mom wants to move away from everything we have left of Dad," Hunter said.

"I'm sorry," Skylar said as she looked down. It was silent for a few moments until Dean spoke up again.

"Wanna go grab some ice cream? It's awfully hot right now," he suggested as three heads eagerly nodded.

They walked a few blocks until the reached the small ice cream shop. It was really stuffy inside but the ice cream there was the best. When Skylar entered, she stopped in the doorway.

"Aye, watch it," Hunter said as he bumped into her. He stopped when he saw her face. "You okay?"

"I need to go," she mumbled as she ran out of the shop and out onto the street.

"Skylar!" Dean yelled after her.

"I'll get her," Hunter said as he raced after her. Dean shook his head and glared at Hunter. He did not like him at all.