chapter fourteen

Once there I head inside and up to my room to pack a few things. I made sure I had everything packed into my car before I shouted to my parents where I would be before I walked out to the car and drove back to Lani's. When I'm back at Lani's I knock on the door.

"I'm going, mum!" I heard Lani shout before she opened the door and grinned at me.

"Ready Lani-bear?" I ask.

"Of course." Her fingers slipped through mine as she skipped down to the car. "I can't wait. This is going to be so cool."

I chuckle. "A little like camping." I smile. "I have a blow up air mattress, sheets, blankets and pillows."

"Great. I wanted to go camping but can't because of-" she gestured to her stomach. "This will be fun!"

"It will," I said, opening her door for her. She gets in and puts her bags in the back. I get in the driver’s seat and drive to our new home.

"Ladies first," I said when we opened the front door to our home. She grinned and skipped inside. I carry some of our things in and put them down. Then I go grab the rest and lock the car. "You alright?" I asked her as she walked around, her eyebrows furrowed. "Lani-bear, what's wrong?" I wrap my arms around her waist.

"Which room should we sleep in?"

"That's what you're worried about?" I chuckled and squeezed her lightly.

"How about our room?" she suggests.

"Sure." I smile and kiss her cheek. "Why did you even think of sleeping in another room?" I asked her as we headed upstairs. "By the way, I brought some breakfast stuff for us in the morning."

She smiles. "Good." she says, "Well, we'll be sleeping in our room all the time."

"So you wanted to.. sleep in the living room?" I asked as I carried our stuff upstairs.

She laughs. "I don’t care where we sleep."

I chuckled. "Well, I fancy sleeping in our bedroom tonight. Make it official," I said. "Right, this might take a while so you might want to, I don't know, entertain yourself or something."

"I'll help." she smiles.

"Lani-bear.." I didn't want to her to have to keep bending down to do anything.

"You can't bubble wrap me forever, Owen," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Lani, please..." With a grunt she sat down against the wall and pulled her legs up. I sigh and go sit next to her. "Lani-bear, I didn’t mean to make you upset."

"Its fine, whatever," she shrugged and looked at the stuff we had to unpack.

"No, we're going to talk about it. No keeping anything from each other, remember?"

"What do you want me to say?" she said, looking at me. "I told you I don't want to be bubble wrapped, but yet you still do."

"I'm sorry, but I worry about you!"

"I know you do. I worry as well, Owen," she said softly, moving so she was on her knees next to me. "But I "have" to do some things, otherwise I'll go mad!"

"Okay, but not too much.”

Her fingers softly trailed over my jaw as she turned my head so I looked at her. "I'm not going to push myself to do something when it clearly isn't any good for me, Owen. Okay?" I nodded. "Good."

I kiss her cheek. "I'll get the air mattress set up." I get up and get it out of the box. I then plug it in and it inflates.

Lani watched me before getting the blankets out and setting them up. "I hope it doesn't deflate," she said thoughtfully as she looked at the air mattress.