Chapter 7

To get everyone's mind off Jake, I suggested we watch a movie. Alec, being Alec, decided on a scary movie. No matter how hard I begged, he wouldn't change his mind.

         "C'mon, Friday the 13th isn't even that scary," Nico teased,

         "Of course it is! That's why he has it in the movies-that'll-scare-the-fuck-outta-Tristin cabinet" I pouted, pointing to the cabinet filled with gut wrenching horror flicks that make me squirm. "And it's already dark outside which makes it worse."

         When I first became a vampire I didn't feel comfortable around anyone else but Sophie. Alec tried to break the ice between us by proposing we watch a movie together. Not wanting to be rude, I accepted his offer. We had a blast making fun of the dramatic film so we decided to do it again. Soon after, Friday nights became our movie night. It was going good until he chose a horror movie. I tried my best to sit and bear it but every couple of minutes I ended up burying my face in the couch to get away from the suspense. Alec now has a collection of movies devoted to scaring the crap out of me.

        "Fine," I said defeated, "But none of us are going to be happy with this experience"

        "I'm sure we'll be fine" said Nico,

       "Naw man, if you were expecting to enjoy the actual movie you're sadly mistaken" said Alec grinning.

_________________

*about an hour later*

"What the fuck are you doing you stupid bitch!?" I scream at the TV, my nails digging into Nico's arm, "Don't hide in the bathroom!," I turned to Alec, "Is this bitch retarded?"

  "I-"

   "It's like she just wants to die," I continued,  as the girl screamed while being lifted into the air. "Aaaaand the bitch is dead." I said, shaking my head. Alec and Nico just smiled at me.

       Just then the door flew open cracking the wall as it hit, and in stormed Sophie. "Luckas is in trouble, we need to help him."

      "Why what's wrong?" I asked, springing up off the couch.

      "Yeah, what happened?" Alec chimed in.

      "I don't know, he just sent me a text with this address and that he's in trouble."

      "What's the address?" Alec asked, taking the phone from Sophie.

      "I googled it, and its an abandoned warehouse"

       "Whatever the hell's up, we have to go help him." I said, picking up my jacket.

       "This sounds like my queue to leave." Nico said getting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't really want to go in there." I mumbled, staring up at what had to be the creepiest looking building in New York. I didn't even realize they had buildings like this. It was black and the wood was jagged, like bark. Almost all the windows were cracked or broken completely. It looked completely out of place. Like a slaughter barn out in the middle of nowhere, only it was plopped in the middle of the city.

        "Oh c'mon it's not that  scary ,"  Sophie said, reading my mind.

        "Okay, lets do this" Alec said opening the car door and stepping out.

        "It's not that scary. It's not that scary." I whispered, to myself.

       "C'mon Mr. Scary Vampire" Sophie cooed, grabbing the back of my shirt, "Lead the way," she said, shoving me foreword with a surprising amount of force. I flew foreword hitting my face on the door frame.