Marked chapter 6

Crunch,Crunch,Crunch.

      I slowly opened my eyes and looked over the side of the bed to see a huge, deep brown wolf staring back at me and I did what any normal 15 year old boy would do in my situation.

      I let out a high pitched scream and quickly moved over to the other side of the bed and looking at the back door of the house, debating if I could make it or not.

      The wolf jumped up on the bed and stared at me with deep, sad brown eyes. Bedroom eyes. Jake. It dropped something from its mouth. Looking closer, I realized it was my phone!

      I patted the spot next to me and Jake obiediently crawled over to me. For a second we just sat there, not saying anything, but when he started whimpering I couldnt control myself and burried my face in his neck. His fur smelled like lemons and tree bark, its intoxicating aroma filled my nose making me burrow myself deeper in the chocolate colored fur. 

      Jake let out what sounded like a laugh. He turned his big head and looked at me, slowly inching forward until he got close enough to lunge at me and lick my face.

      "Ew! No, get off!" I walied, laughing.

      Jake let out his strange laugh again. I was so happy to see him. My heart wanted to burst out of my chest. I entwined my fingers in his fur and cuddled next to him. The feeling of warmth and safety washed over me like golden rays of sunlight, well, before I became a vampire, that is.

___________________

      I woke up, realizing that I had fallen asleep again.  I looked up and saw Jake smiling down at me in his human form.  I was laying on his naked chest. I slowly dragged my eyes down his body until they landed on his briefs.

      "Your underwear is the only piece of clothing that doesnt get destroyed when you shift?" I asked stupidly. Jake smiled kissing my forehead.

      "No, while you were sleeping I ran home to get some clothes" he said pointing to the clothes layed out by the bed, "and I figured you'd feel awkward if i was naked," he laughed. I giggled along like a little school girl.

      "I missed you. I thought you gave up on me" I said, slightly withdrawing from his hold.

      "No, baby! I could never stop loving y-"

      "Don't."

      "Don't what?"

      "Dont say that. We barely know each other. When you say it I want you to mean it. You couldnt possibly know if you loved me this early on." There was a pause.

      "Okay" he said quietly. I could tell by his tone and posture that he wanted to object, but he didnt.

      "I should get back.." I said,

      "Will you come home?" he asked sadly.

      Not yet. I have to wait for Nico." at the sound of his name Jake went rigid. "I think you owe him an apology by the way" I said.

      "I don't owe him anything, he shouldnt even be allowed back in the pack!"

      "But your going to let him come back, right?"

      "I guess... only because you want it." he said earning a kiss on the cheek, "But you need to learn the way the pack works" he said pulling me closer.

      "Thank you"

      "I would do anything for you" he said running his fingers through my hair"

      "Hey hey hey.. dont touch the hair" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

      I heard a door open then close.

      "Nico" I said, when I saw Alec and Nico running to us. Jake was starting to get up. I gently pulled him back down.

      "Stay," I commanded.

      "I dont want to upset your brother. He's already made it clear he doesn't like me." Jake said.

      "He can be nice," I smiled as Nico and Alec reached the bed.

      They both looked surprised to see Jake there.

      "Lucas told you to stay away," Alec growled,

      "I can't keep away from him too long... He draws me in like a magnet" he said rubbing my neck.

      "Tristin, get up and say goodbye... Now" Alec said. Nico's eyes were full of fear and he didnt say anything.

      "I'll come in later," I said.

      "Now!" Alec snapped. Jake pulled away,

      "I should get going, The guys have probably already torn the house up. I'll see you soon baby," he leaned down and kissed me. "Bye," then ran off for the line of trees.

      Oh great here comes the yelling.

      "What the hell do you think your doing back with him! why was he even here?! Alec yelled.

      "He dropped my phone off." I said nonchalantly, not looking at him.

      "Arrg! God your so stupid! Next time he'll be beating you to death! Werewolves dont make good boyfriends!" he flipped.

      "No he wouldnt.. He's nice.. most of the time" I said.

      "He wouldn't even think of harming him now" Nico said quietly, "Did you see his eyes? He's already starting the faultless devotion"

___________________

      "Faultless devotion?"

      "With two mated werewolves, the alphamale's mate has the chance to be completely dominant over the alphamale." Nico explained, "It's called the faultless devotion stage. His inner wolf is so blinded by this new love that it cant help but follow your orders. But after you've mated completely the "spell" wears off"

      "Mated completely... you dont mean.."

      "When you have sex"

      "Ohhhh no. No no no. I've felt that thing before, its not going inside me anytime soon!" I assured them.

_____________________