1.

Edited

I watched as the sunlight flickered down onto Edward's skin. We were sitting on the deck of the beach house, just enjoying the nice weather and view. Getting up, I decided to head inside.

"I'm goona stay out here for a bit." Edward said when I got up.

"Okay." I say and walk into the house.

I was on my way to the bathroom, when something shiny caught my eye. I walked over to the old desk in the hallway and ran my hand over the surface. My fingers came in contact with something rough, like paper. I pulled out an old yellow envelope and turned it over in my hand.

My curiousity takes over, and I take it to my room before opening it. Inside is the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. It had a gold band with a pearl in the middle with white dimonds on the side.

"Wow." I say and slip the ring on my finger. As it slides in place, I feel a weird tingle through out my body though it soon disappears so I shrug it off. I pulled out the piece of paper that was also in the envelope, unfolding the stiff paper.

 I pulled out the piece of paper that was also in the envelope, unfolding the stiff paper

Dear Reader,      September 10, 1916

If you are reading this, then that means my enemies have found me, and hopefully I am dead. This ring posses a number of extraordinary powers, and it must not fall int9 the hands of Volturi. They seek to use its power for dark things. Place the jewel on your finger, and never take it off. Be warned. The power that comes with this ring is great, and it comes with a dark price. You will become a creature of the night, a bloodsucking being. Take care. And good luck. Perhaps you will fare better on this mission than I have.

The gears in my mind were turning at full speed. I had so many unanswered questions, but I new one thing. If this person needed to protect the ring and couldn't anymore, then I would carry out their job. I searched within the drawers of the kitchen to find a lighter, and I watched as the letter turned to ash.

Returning to my previous task, I entered the bathroom and turned on the water.  When I put my hand under the tap to test the water, the same tingle I felt when I put the ring on washed over me, only it was mainly in my legs. Suddenly my legs vanished from under me and I fell flat on my butt. I looked down to see a glistening blue tail were my legs should have been.

"Oh my God!" I screamed. Of course, Edward heard me and was banging on the door asking if I was okay. I told him I was, but didn't let him come in. I knew that this was part of the price the letter talked about, and I knew I had to keep it secret.

I grabbed a towel, and started to dry off my . . . tail. As soon as it was dry, it turned back into legs. I stood up on shaky legs, and one worried thought crossed my mind.

How was I supposed to not touch water in Forks, Washigton, the wettest place in the U.S.?

Well , I thought , We are leaving tomorrow morning , and I can do more research on all this when I'm at home.

I turned the water off then I walked out and went into the living room. Edward was sitting on the couch with a worried look on his handsome face. The minute I entered he had his arms around me pulling me to his chest.

"Are you all right?" He murmured.

"I just fell. Don't worry I'm fine." I lied.

I was not fine. I had an ultimate weapon on my finger, I am now a mermaid and God knows what else, and I live in the rainiest place on Earth when I can't touch water without popping a tail. Yeah, my life was messed up. On top of that I had to protect a magical realic from some really bad guys. Well, I'm marries to a vampire. Life wasn't going to be easy.

AN: This chapter has been edited, and I'm so sorry for all those who have read this before I edited it. This was the first story I'd ever written, and I realize now that it's crap. I'm going to fix it up to where it sexually makes sense. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the story.

- Autumn ♡