More Than Friends?

Taka's POV

A few months later...

Life's going well. My brother and I have started to grow a little more and now we both have little tufts of hair on our heads which means we are starting to grow manes. Mine is black and my brothers seems to be a very bright red.

Sarabi and Muffy have grown to be pretty close friends so I always end up having to hang out with sarabi's best friend Sarafina. I guess I shouldn't be upset that I'm not hanging out with my brother as much anymore. I am the one that made him talk to Sarabi in the first place, so maybe I should just accept that he's got a new best friend now.
Sarafina isn't that bad to hang out with anyway, but she's always with her mother having hunting lessons. Apparently she is hoping to be the lead huntress just like her mother when she grows up.
Dad is to be spending way more time with Mufasa then me, I'm not sure why, so I just hang out with mommy when she's not busy doing Queen stuff.

Now I'm walking around on my own I had to have some peace and quiet. Just as I thought I was alone I heard someone creeping up behind me, I wasn't alone. "Ahh!" Not being ready to defend myself, someone pounced on me then pinned me down

"Haha! Got ya!"

There was a lioness cub who looked about my age. She had bright red coloured eyes and a cream coloured coat with a dark brown stripe down her back, she didn't seem like she was from here. "Who are you? And why are you on my Mother and Fathers lands?"  I yell struggling to get up.

"Geeez relax! All I wanted to do was play." She gets up off me. "How about we start this again. Hi, my name is Zira, I'm from the outlands. What's your name?" She greets in a friendlier tone.

"My name is Taka, and I'm from Pride Rock."

"Hmm...Taka...where have I heard that name before?" Zira thinks for a bit. "Oh your the other prince!"

Slightly confused. "What do you mean by other?"

"Duh you're prince Mufasa's brother."

"Yeah...how do you know who my brother is?" I say still pondering what she meant by "other."

"Because all the girls at my pride have been talking about him. Apparently he's going to be the next King."

"What? Where did you hear such a thing like that?"

"Well isn't he the oldest out of the two of you?"

"Yeah he is older, but my parents think of us as equal because Mufasa is only one minute older."

"Ohhhh okay." Zira says sarcastically.

"It's true."

"Well then I guess you're just gonna have to prove it to me."

"I WILL become King and I'll risk anything to get it!"

Zira then suggested to play fight and then we began to become friends. She claims that she has no friends her own age where she lives and so now we meet up with each other every few days and play.

Sarafina's POV

Today I got to play with Mufasa and Sarabi because I think they noticed I was feeling a little left out. Then after that I had just a little time to myself with Sarabi, I think Mufasa went to get a drink or something. Now was my time to get filled in on all the details between them.
I miss my best friend but I'm happy to see her very good friends with Mufasa, they're getting so close. I'm so excited for them.

"So?" I started off the conversation

"What?"

"So what's been going on with you and Mufasa?"

"Oh me and Muffy, not much why?" Sarabi asks me.

"You call him Muffy now, oh my gosh you guys are soooo cute!"

"Well he's a good friend." Sarabi says blushing.

I roll my eyes at her."Nope I don't believe you, infact I think you still have a crush on the Prince." I smile mischievously.

Sarabi finally admits." Well yeah but it's not like I'm gonna do anything about it yet. We're still only cubs. I'm not telling him anything, at least until we're teenagers."

"Alright! I'll give you until we're teenagers, and if you don't tell him how you feel...then I will."

"Tell who what?" Asks a voice coming towards us. It's Mufasa.

"Oh nothing, Sarafina and I are just gossiping like girls do." Sarabi says.

"Ooookay." Mufasa seems confused of why we stopped talking the moment he had come up to us.

An awkward silence had fell. "Hey I have to go see my parents now. Do you guys wanna come?" Sarabi asks breaking the silence.

"Nah...I'm gonna go and find my mom she's probably wondering where I am." I get up and leave to find my mother. "See ya later."

"I'll come! My parents are probably going be there as well." I hear Mufasa say to Sarabi. They start to run of together towards Pride Rock.

I keep walking in the opposite direction towards the waterhole where mother said she'd be. I think to myself. I wonder if he feels the same way about her?

I must investigate that...