Telling The Truth

Ahadi's POV

So I guess I should tell you what's happening in my life at the moment...
My mate Uru and I have our two boys who are now suddenly teenagers already. Why does time fly by so fast?
Speaking of Mufasa and Taka, it seems to be very soon that I'll be telling Taka that Mufasa is going to be the next king because Muffy is his big brother, which means that he's first in line to take my place. Hopefully Taka won't mind.

Uru walks up to me "I think it's time we tell him." She says while we are both watching our children play.

"Maybe we could just wait a bit longer." I suggest to my wife.

"Ahadi! Taka has been asking questions about why you have been spending more time with Muffy than him! And he knows that one of them is bound to be king... we need to tell him the truth!"

"But-."

Uru interrupts. "We will tell him together tonight."

"Okay... I guess you're right and I'm sure Muffy is getting tired of hiding the truth from his brother."

"You already told Mufasa?!" She asks with an angry tone in her voice.

"Well yeah I needed to start his training someday. He's actually known for quite a while now." I tell her.

"How long?" She asks in a disapproving voice.

"Umm... since he was a cub."

She sighs.

Taka's POV

A few hours later...

I decide to go walking to the top of Pride Rock. Strangely enough I still haven't gone all the way up there yet. Then when I arrived at the top I looked around at the beautiful view. As I was looking, I noticed a place that the sun wasn't touching. My mother said that everything the light touches is our kingdom. So that would mean that the shadowy place over there doesn't belong to us. Hmmm... I wonder what's out there?

Sarafina's POV

At the same time...

"Okay." I say to myself. When Sarabi and I were younger I told her that I would tell Mufasa how she feels about him if she doesn't tell him herself. And by the looks of things it doesn't seem like she did.

I see Mufasa walking around the Pridelands alone. "Mufasa!" I yell to get his attention.

He notices me."Hey Sarafina. What's going on?"

"Not much.. I heard that you're going to be the next King, that's so cool!"

"Shhhh keep it down, an how did you find out?"

"Sarabi of course. Duh... she's my best friend. We tell each other everything."
I think for a moment. Why am I stalling. Come on Sarafina get to the point already. "Speaking of Sarabi I need to ask you something."

"Okay then what is it?"

Mufasa's POV

Sarafina starts telling me. "Speaking of Sarabi I need to ask you something."

"Okay then what is it?" I ask.

"How do you feel about Sarabi?"

"Um?" I ponder wondering what she had just asked me.

"What are your intentions with her?" Sarafina questions.

"My intentions?" I ask nervously.

"Do you, ya know like-like her or do you just think of her as a good friend?"

I can feel my face turn bright red how did she find out that I love Sarabi? "How did you find out? Who told you?"

"Told me what?

"Um, well you know...th-that I'm in love with Sarabi."

"Wait, what?"

Why does she seem so shocked. "Why do you seem so shocked, and once again I ask, who told you?"

"Excuse me but nobody told me. The only person who told me was you...just then."

"Oh."

There was silence for a moment. "How long have you known?" I ask.

"Um probably since the first time we had ever played together."

"Wow! Really?"

"Uh huh." I chuckle nervously. "It was the first day we had ever properly met. When I swam over to you both at the waterhole. She was just so beautiful."

"Aww that's so sweet!" She says with a giggle.

"When we start to play together for the first time. She tripped and we both tumbled around until we had stopped, our faces were so close that our noses touched."

"Why haven't you told her that you love her yet?" Sarafina asks.

"We were still only cubs. I didn't want to scare her off."

"Well are you gonna do anything about it now?" She questions me more.

"I guess I've just been waiting for the right moment to tell her. What if she doesn't like me back?" I sit down looking sadly at the ground.

"I can tell you now that she definitely feels the same way about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Her and I always-."

Before she could finish her sentence I had already ran off to find Sarabi.

"Good luck!" I hear Sarafina shout out to me.

As I'm running I notice some beautiful flowers spread out in a wide field. I pick some of Sarabi's favourite colours, and head towards home to find her.