Is this torture?

Ben POV:

I knew I passed out because of the pain. Dad must be so worried now, and Hal too. I look over to my big brother and I see him in the chair. He has a black eye and a bloody nose but other than that I think he's fine.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my back. I don't scream though, I just moan. But it is enough to draw Hal's attention.

"Ben?" He asks looking at my wincing face. I hope he doesn't blame himself for all this.

"My back kind of hurts." I say trying to get him to smile. He doesn't, he just smirks in a goofy kind of way.

"The spikes keep regenerating. They could do this forever." Hal said sadly. I knew he was right, I was so screwed.

"I can take it Hal, I think." I say and chuckle a little bit. This time he gives me a real smile.

The door bursts open and Polver comes in, smiling. This cannot be good. Pope comes in and laughs.

"I sure hope you can take more boy, we got a game to play." Pope says and stands behind Hal. He puts his hands down firmly on his shoulders and pulls out a knife.

"The game is this," he says twirling the knife between his fingers, "Ben will choose, himself or his brother. Each time it will be some new punishment." Pope says with a smile.

"Why are you doing this to us?" Hal asks looking at me.

"Why did your father do what he did to me?" Pope says in a mocking tone. "Ben choose." He says bored now.

"Me." I say and I can almost feel Hal's disapproving stare. I can't choose for my brother to be hurt, it would kill me.

Suddenly I feel two tongs on my back pulling so hard. I scream, I have never felt pain like this before. Hal is also screaming, but he is screaming my name and Pope's. I know that they are pulling out to of my spikes at once.

With one more hard tug the one on my lower back is out. The ones closer to my neck hurt worse because they are harder to take out. Pope shoves the one in a jar and walks over to Polver. He takes the tongs and puts them on the same spike.

They both start pulling together and the pain multiplies. I wish I could pass out, if it would mean I wouldn't be in pain. With one final scream from me the spike comes out. I lay back on the table exhausted. Hal is red in the face, if looks could kill, Pope would be on fire.

Is this torture?

Im really sorry for not updating but here ya go! Plz vote and comment!