however he is proved wrong as after a few moments, the door to his bedroom opens slowly and his tired looking mother stands on the other side, her eyes shining with guilt.

the young boy stands from where he is sitting on the bed and makes his way towards her, his mind already processing what was happening.

the homeless man had pressed charges.

of course he had to, it's not like he would lay there as the hospital refused to treat him since he had no money. and just like the family had discussed before, jj would take the fall. he would always have to no matter what deji did.

it was like a system planned ever since the younger boy was born, he was considered more smart, more kind and more important.

jj, well he always stayed on the sidelines, staying away from his dad's filthy business. and that was good for him all his life. however as he makes his way down the corridor and watches the police car parked outside, he wonders what this situation would be like if he was just like his family.

"i'm sorry." his mother's raspy voice rings through his ears but he doesn't pay attention to it, instead his mind is focused on someone else. and before even realising it, he is taking his phone out of his pocket and texting said person, wanting them not to worry.

it's kind of strange how in that particular moment he cares more about someone else's safety than his own.

as soon as simon locks up the restaurant and is en route to his apartment, his phone vibrates in his pocket.

from : jide

the police r here!!!!

will be in their custody for a while, i guess

thought u should know

don't do anything that u said u were gonna do !!!!!

[received 01:36 AM]

simon sighs, locking his phone and turning around before making his way through the dimly lit streets of london. he wanders around for a while, his heart heavy and mind beinv bombarded with ideas.

he had no idea why he felt the need to help jj, to protect him from the lies of his family. maybe it was because he did not want the innocent to be punished with something they didn't do.

or maybe it was something more.

the tall boy unlocked the door to his apartment, immediately being greeted with the sight of two of his roommates and ethan sitting in the living room, all of them seeming to busy to be watching whatever was on the tv to acknowlegde a worn out simon.

when the blue eyed boy moves past the tv, josh seems to be the first one to acknowledge his presence.

"you okay?" the bearded man asks, averting his gaze from the tv for a brief second.

"no i'm not because jj is being accused of something he didn't do and probably going to jail and i can't do shit-" is what he really should've said but instead he settles for a hoarse, "yeah. tired i guess."

"come watch this shit show with us, you will feel refreshed just by hating on it." ethan joins the conversation while shifting to make some space for the older boy.

"sorry boys, gonna have to sleep this one out." he responds gloomily, turning and moving towards his room, not missing the concerned looks his friends throw at his behaviour.

he settles in his bed upon entering his room and stares at the ceiling, his mind raking ways to help the dark skinned boy without upsetting him.

it was weird, really. to think that the dude who asked simon if he wanted to fuck the first time they met would have the brunette boy in this situation.

simon knew for a fact that jj was a good person, someone who was born in the wrong family and someone who grew up lonely. all he needed was a friend; someone he could attend winter wonderland with and someone who woukd listen to him as he gushed about the littlest things.

"you got a minute?" simon's train of thought comes to a halt as josh knocks on his door and comes inside, sitting by the edge of his bed.

"yeah man, what's up?" he tries to sound nonchalant, even though his heart burns.

"how about you tell me what's up?" josh's eyes seem to be accusing as if he can see right through the younger boy but then again it was josh afterall and he always saw through simon. that was the main reason they were friends in the first place.

"nothing's up." he lies.

"come on, you never miss out on hate watching some lame ass tv show, something has to be wrong." simon wants to lie again but then he realises this is his best friend he's talking to, someone who knows him like the back of his hand.

so with a deep sigh, he gives in. he tells the older boy everything going on with jj and everything on his mind and after he's done, he lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"damn, that's some deep shit." josh comments when simon is done talking. "but i'll tell you what, if you really wanna help jj, which i can see you do. you can do it in two steps."

"and what are those?" the blue eyed boy asks, his tone curious. he knee josh was smart and if he had to share any of this with any one of his friends, he would've always chosen him.

"number one, you reason with deji." he pauses, "if he doesn't listen you reason with the victim and maybe persuade him to drop charges."

"i-i guess i could try that." simon lays back in bed, running a hand ovef his face.

"easier said than done." josh pats his leg before standing up and stretching. "we'll talk more in the morning, get some sleep." he proceeds to move out of the younger boy's room.

"thanks, josh." simon says, really meaning it. the older boy stands in the middle of the doorway, his figure illuminated by the light from the hallway, distant sounds of vikk and ethan laughing at whatever show they are watching ringing through. he stays there for a while, his face adorned with a knowing smile.

simon almosts asks him what was wrong before he speaks up himself, his tone curious yet warm.

"you sure you want jj to just be your friend, si?" he shuts the door on way out, stopping all the light from coming through and leaving simon all alone in the dark with his thoughts.

♡♡

thoughts???

p.s shits about to go down yo :)