Chapter 14

Meek's POV

We spent the last two hours in a complete silence, except for the radio that was playing smoothly in the background, occasionally glancing one to another trying to make it seem unnoticeable. I was glad that we didn't have much left until we'd get home cus the pain in my arm was killing me and I knew Nicki was tired.

She was resting her head on the window and after a while she fell asleep. 20 minutes later I pulled up to the mansion and parked the car then I woke Nicki up telling her that we arrived.

As we opened the front door we were met with the pitch blackness inside the house. I flicked on the lights. Nicki went upstairs without saying a word to me and I went to the kitchen to drink some water.I sat on one of the bar stool with my back rested against the kitchen island and the glass in my hand just starring at the floor, thinking about everything that happened.I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to that plan. Clearly, I wasn't thinking and now that stupid decision it's about to take away from me one of the best things that ever happened to me and fuck my life up.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard steps on the staircase. Avoiding my stare, Nicki went straight into the bathroom and after a couple seconds came out with a first aid kit.

What are you doing ?

"You need to get that cleaned."

She placed it on the table and took out some gauze on which she put hydrogen peroxide.She started cleaning my wound and I hissed when the substance came in contact with it.I looked at her amazed by her beauty, by her unlimited kindness and I wished I could turn back the time and do everything different.

Nicki...

She ignored me and started bandaging my wound. After she was done she wanted to turn around and leave but I stopped her by grabbing her arm gently, making her look straight into my eyes.

Talk to me, Nicki, please !

"What is there to talk about Meek ? I don't think there's anything for us to discuss anymore. Tomorrow I'll be packing my bags and leave."

Please, just let me explain !

She crossed her arms over her chest.

"You wanna talk ? Fine.Let's talk. Just know that it's not going to change anything. I'm leaving, I'm done with this.", she said motioning between us two.

We went back in the living room and I sat down and Nicki sat down too at the end of the couch, making sure there's enough distance between us.I didn't even know how to start but I knew that by the time I'll be finished she'll hate me with all her heart.

The day we first met...at the mall.Um...you getting fired was arranged by a person hired by my uncle who made your boss fire you in exchange of some money...

She didn't say anything .I knew that with every word I was hurting her but I needed her to know the truth so I continued. Even the elevator stopping was something arranged so we could meet and talk and for me to convince you to move in here.

I saw that when I finished she was extremely angry.

"And you knew I would accept this job because you knew that I just got fired and I desperately needed money.And you brought me here, a complete stranger, around your son, to keep me under observation knowing that in the end you'll kill me. You wanted me dead for something I didn't know anything about and wasn't involved in, just because I have the misfortune of being the daughter of a man I never considered my father."

She started crying.

I reached for her but she stopped me.

"Don't touch me ! Don't ever touch me again !"

"What else, Meek ?"

Thinking about everything I've done made me sick of myself. I hate the person I became.

There was a black car following you at the park one day.They were people hired by my uncle to watch you.Na tried to warn you but she knew she couldn't say too much because that would've made our uncle want to kill you sooner.She told me to stop all this, that it was wrong, but I didn't listen to her in the beginning.

As days passed by I fell more and more in love with you and I realised that what we were doing was wrong and that I would never want to hurt you or see you hurt. I went to talk to my uncle about it, told him that we should stop, that I don't want to follow that plan anymore but he said that he wanted to see every last member of your family dead and that he won't stop until he succeeds.After a couple of days he called me and told me that I was right and that he doesn't want to go through with the plan either.I was so happy, I felt free and I started thinking about us as a family in the future.But that just turned out to be a lie when I got that call in which I was told that the plan still goes on and that there were men outside ready to come in the house and kill you right there and then in case I didn't agree to kill you myself.That's why I drugged you, made you fall asleep, making it look like I'm on their side, buying me more time to think of a way to save you.

I'm sorry, Nic...I was so stupid.I didn't realise what I could've had if this bullshit didn't happen, I didn't realise how wrong everything was...

"I was the most stupid.For believing in you and all your lies. I've been living in a complete lie, thinking that you loved me, that you cared about me, thinking that I was so blessed that God made you appear in my life. I'm so stupid..."

Not everything was a lie, I replied.

"Tell me one thing that wasn't a lie."

My feelings for you, the moments we shared. Those weren't lies. I know it's not going to change anything and you have all the rights not to want to see me ever again but I just want to tell you that I love you, that I care about you and that all my feelings were and are genuine.

Her tears didn't stop streaming down her face and one tear made it's way down my face too when I realised that I lost everything, that it was indeed over.

She got up, wiped her tears with her thumbs and started walking towards the staircase.I saw how she quickly lost her balance and stopped in the middle of the room, grabbing the first piece of furniture that was near her and then regained her balance.

I was worried about her.I got up.

Are you ok ?

"Don't worry about me.You can stop worrying about me from now on. "

I continued watching her making sure that she's ok.When she got to the middle of the flight of stairs she turned around and looked at me as if she remembered something and looked worried.

"Where's Papi ?"

He's at my sister's home.I called her to come and pick him after um..those men came.

"Ok", she replied and then continued her way.

When I got in my room I opened the closet and saw all her things gone.I starred at the empty space in the closet and at the empty space in bed and then felt the emptiness in my heart.

---------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading ❤️
Vote & comment ✨
I miss Omeeka so much 😢😭

~Gy💜~