Chapter 17

*Two weeks later

Meek's POV

I still didn't understand how could I be so stupid to fuck up so bad and hurt the woman I love. I had to do something and soon. I called,texted her ever since she moved but she changed her number, I sent her flowers daily to her apartment but the guy who was delivering them told me that she always left them at the door.
I didn't know what to do anymore. I want to go to her and talk but I know she doesn't want to see me.I had my dream girl and I lost her but I'm determined to get her back. And I will.

Today I got a call from one of the representatives of Maybach Music.
I am a big fan of the label and I can't deny the fact that when I realised this call was forreal I got nervous. "Ross wants to sign you". That's the moment when my brain froze.You sure you called the right person ? ."Are you Robert Williams?" Yes,I replied. "Then there's no mistake. He heard the CD you've sent us and wanted to sign you immediately so he told me to get in touch with you." What CD ? I wanted to ask.But after I looked in the car and saw that the CD I let Nicki listen to was gone, everything clicked into place.She somehow sent them my CD."Are you interested in joining MMG ?" Is that even a question?Damn right I am, I wanted to say but instead replied with something formal - Of course I am."Then we'll be waiting for you tomorrow at 5pm to go over the contract."After saying our goodbyes, we ended the phone call and I got a text with the address I was supposed to go to tomorrow.

Nicki doing this for me meant so much. She really cared about me, man. Becoming a rapper has always been my dream but I gave up on it once I was involved in my uncle's drug business, which I dropped ever since Nicki got kidnapped. I want to change, to live life the right way, to prove Nicki that I'm not going to fuck up anymore.

I got hungry so I decided to go somewhere to eat. It's been a while since I went to Red Lobster so I chose to go there.This area I was driving in right now was the area where Nicki lives.It took every ounce in me not to go to her apartment.I parked the car in front of Red Lobster and got a strange feeling I couldn't really decipher. I shook it off and entered the restaurant.

I was led to a table, I sat down and then waited for a waitress to come and take my order

Nicki's POV