Chapter 1

Nicki's POV:

My alarm went off and I lazily stretched my hand towards my nightstand trying to make it stop.
It was driving me insane.My eyes were still closed and I didn't want to open them because of the powerfull light the sun was giving so I wasn't able to find the alarm clock at all.Eventually I felt something with my hand but it didn't feel like the alarm clock.Seconds later I opened my eyes and realized it was my glass of water that I just spilled over my phone.Great!I thought.

I took the first fabric material I found and wiped my phone praying that it didn't get broken.I turned my phone off and hoped for the best.I pushed the turn on button for a couple of seconds and prayed that it will still work.I saw the apple logo appear on my screen and I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.Suddenly,the phone had a flash and turned off.My attempts to turn it on again were of no use.

Come on !
Work! Function !
Do something!
Please .. ?

I can't believe myself.Am I really talking to a phone ?
Well at least if it was Siri...I thought we were friends.

The imaginary person in my mind shot me a look that read "Really ?" and shook her head.

Oh!Shut up!!

My phone was oficially dead.In all the possible dead ways.I am not rich at all and I worked really hard to get that phone.I used a lot of my savings and now I can't afford to buy a new one.

It seems like I'll have to get another job besides the one I'm having right now and I'll take shifts even if this will be really tiring.

I let out a deep sigh.

I thought that coming to Philladelphia will mean a fresh start.It can't be a new start if my mind can't get rid of sad memories and the past.I have to live in the present,I know that but it's so hard...especially when everything around you seems to fall apart.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of the past which means I won't be able to be happy.

Here I am telling a little bit of my story when I didn't even introduced myself properly.

My name is Onika Tanya Maraj but most people call me Nicki.My mother  was the only one who called me Onika.My mother...

My mind was flooded with memories of my mother,of my family and a tear slipped on my cheek followed by a lot more.

Why can't I change the past ?
*sigh

I stopped thinking about my mom because this would mean making my day be a bad one.

Let me continue...
I'm 28 years old,I live alone in a modest apartment in Philladelphia and I work at a clothing shop.

Work...right

I stood in my bed with my eyes wide open when I realized that I have to get ready and fast to go to my job.

I looked at my clock.All I had left was 20 minutes to get ready,eat and go to the buss station since I don't have a car.

I quickly got out of my bed and slipped into my comfy pink slippers then went to the bathroom.

I didn't tell you,right ?
I love pink and I can't see myself without pink lipstick .