Chapter V

LINDSAY

          I'm very nervous about today. I'm going to tell Lucas at the end of the day when I "tutor" him. But wait... oh no! What about the girl he likes maybe this is a bad day to do it.

—•—•—•—

LUCAS

          I can't wait until the end of the day. I'm going to surprise her with all of her *favorite things* as soon as we get out. Can this day go any faster?

LINDSAY

END OF DAY

          I walk up to Lucas. Don't be nervous, it's only Lucas. What's the worst that can happen?

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second... in the janitor's closet?" I say.

"Uhh, sure. I guess." He says.

We both walk into the closet next to us. Here it goes.

"Okaysoicalledyouinherebecauseiwantedtotellyouthatilikeyouandthatithinkihavelikedyouallofmylifeandiwantedtoknowifyoufeltthesamewayaboutthis." Wooh. I let out a sigh that was a long sentence.

Lucas just looks at me. I'm beginning to feel nervous.

LUCAS

I've waited all of my life to hear that all of my life. *I'm so excited* Oh. I should probably say something before she freaks out.

"It's okay, you don't have to say—" She starts, but I cut her off.

"I like you. Actually, that's a lie, I love you."

This time, she's speechless. I pull her closer to me and pepper her face with kisses. She starts giggling, it is the best sound that I've ever heard in my life. I have my Lindsay back, and life couldn't be better.

—•—•—•—

"So, should I be worried about meeting your parents," I say.

"Well, actually I was hoping you could help me bring my family together," she says.

"It would be my pleasure."

She laughs, "You and your British accent."

"You love it though."

"Of course I do, it's a part of you."

I hold her hand and turn up the volume of the radio. The perfect song comes on.

I used to think maybe you loved me,
Now baby I'm sure. And I just can't
Wait for the day, when you knock
On my door. Now every time I go
For the mail box, gotta hold
Myself down. 'Cause I just can't
Wait till you write me, you're
Coming around.

I'm walking on sunshine.
And don't it feel good.
All right now.
And don't it feel good.
All right now.

—•—•—•—

Lindsay steps ahead of me to open the door. We both walk in holding hands.

"Dad, Alex, this is my boyfriend, Lucas." Says Lindsay.

"Hello, very nice to see you again, Mr. Locke and Alex." I say as I shake their hands.

Lindsay looks so shocked, she looks likes she's going to faint. I take her hand in mine and squeeze.

"I remember you. You were always a good friend to my daughter, and I'm glad you two found each other again. Just remember to treat her right, or I'll beat you up."

"Yes, Sir," I say as I salute him.

"Same goes for me," says Alex.

I look over at Lindsay. She's smiling so brightly, I think she's going to break her jaw.

LINDSAY

And I'm walking on sunshine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Thank you so much for reading this! I know this was very short and I kind of rushed everything towards the end, but hey, this is my first one. And I'll be making more. Remember, this is a separate series where I take a song and write a short story based on what happens in the song or just the title.

Foot Note: *I'm So Excited* is a song from Saved By the Bell
*Favorite Things* is a song from The Sound of Music

Song: Walking On Sunshine