Twelve | ✓

Amelia walked alongside Teresa. As they reached his room, their leader barely said a word. It was like he did not even acknowledge their presence. She crouched beside him, quietly saying his name to get him to notice the group. Thomas silently moved and crouched beside Alby.

"We found a way out of the maze. We can get you out of here," Thomas whispered. Alby's eyes filled with some tears, he shook his head, mumbling: "We can't".

"We can't leave," Alby's voice became audible for the entire group to hear.

"They won't let us," he claimed. Amelia tilted her head and asked what did he mean.

"I remember," was his answer. Amelia prompted him with another question. Alby's head turned to face Thomas, only saying one word.

"You.".

Everyone looked at Thomas with disbelief. Including Amelia. Thomas shrank back, his brown eyes still on Alby.

"You were always their favourite Thomas. Always," Alby was cut short by some shouts from outside.

"Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" Alby looked betrayed. It was evident in his eyes and tone. The shouts from outside grew louder. Thomas and Amelia got up from their positions. Amelia brandished her machete, which she picked up the habit to bring everywhere now.

The Gladers ran outside, Alby stayed behind. The first thing they saw was Gladers running around in the dark with fire on sticks. Panic grew over the Glade.

"Winston, what's happening?" Amelia asked the Keeper of the Slicers.

"It's the Doors. They aren't closing," Winston explained and ran. His reply made Amelia's blood run cold. They followed the rest of the Gladers to the Doors.

It was pin drop silence. A thunderous noise caused everyone to cover their ears. Caws could be heard. The Gladers turned around to see a murder of crows flying above them. Almost immediately, a Griever's roar bounced off the walls. The other three doors started to open. Thomas wrapped an arm around Amelia like he was protecting her despite her having a machete.

He turned to give Chuck some instructions. Newt caught on and gave other Gladers instructions as well.

Thomas told Amelia to stick close to him. She did not mind. She was about to follow him when they heard Gladers' shouts. A group from a different direction ran a hundred yard dash.

A Griever's shriek was heard. It was soon followed by clicks. A leg appeared by the corridor.

"EVERYBODY HIDE!"

Thomas let go of Amelia, who was dashing in front of him. They headed to the crops and hid there. They stayed silent, not daring to let out a sound. Their hearts palpitated wildly.

Nearby, they heard a Griever take someone, followed by their scream. A Griever's claw appeared above them and quickly darted to Zart. On instinct, Amelia attempted to save her friend. However, she was unsuccessful.

Thomas grabbed her wrist as she stayed in her position, paralysed that she had lost another Glader. He pulled her to run in front of him towards the Homestead.

Alby was being helped by Jeff and Clint. Most Gladers were there too. Amelia looked around in the chaos. Another Griever somehow managed to find them. Spotting a jar on fire, she grabbed it and chucked it towards the Griever.

While it was distracted, they ran for their lives to the building where they usually hold their Gathering. Alby fell on the way.

"I'm not going to leave you behind," Amelia told him as she helped him get up on his feet. The Griever caught up with them. If it was not for Minho and Newt being on time, they would have died then and there.

The moment they entered the building, everyone barricaded the entrance. Thomas made his way to Amelia and held her as tight as he could in a bear hug. He was glad she was alive.

"Not the time, Tommy," she whispered and pushed him off her lightly. Chuck appeared in her sight and returned her missing machete, which she didn't realise she dropped as she flees. She held tight onto if.

The Gladers watched as the Griever attempted to find a possible way to grab hold of one of them.

They moved whenever it was close to where they were. Suddenly, it stabbed through the roof. It managed to get a hold of one of the sticks that was supporting the entire building.

As its claw dived for Clint, he dodged it. Instead, it had gotten Chuck.

"Hell no," Amelia raced towards the claw. She would rather sacrifice herself than have Chuck dead.

"Chuck! Don't let go!"

"No shit!"

She spotted something familiar come out of the arm. She knew it was similar to what had stung Alby. Holding tight onto her weapon, she ran to the arm and cut it. She beat it continuously until the arm had let Chuck go.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Chuck nodded and thanked her. Amelia noticed Thomas's eyes grow wide and immediately shouted at her to watch out.

She felt a sharp pain on her shoulder. Crying out in pain, she dropped to her knees. The last thing she saw was Thomas in front of her.

✿✿✿

Thomas dashed and kneeled in front of her. Panic washed over him. He held her close to his chest.

The sounds of Grievers faded, causing curiosity to grow. Thomas picked Amelia up bridal style and followed everyone outside. The sight shocked all the Gladers.

Fire was everywhere. Buildings were destroyed, including the Homestead and the Tower. It was absolute hell.

Silhouettes appeared in the fire. Thomas soon recognised Gally from afar. He handed Amelia to Minho, who held her as if she were made of glass.

Gally's gaze landed on Amelia. He refused to believe she was either dead or stung. Anger boiled in him and threw a punch at Thomas, blaming him for what happened. The Keeper of the Builders started to punch him repeatedly.

With Teresa's and Newt's help, they managed to get Gally off of him.

"You did this," he yelled. Thomas remembered he had picked up the stinger which Amelia had cut off. He took it out of his pocket before making a final decision.

"I'm sorry, but I need to remember," he said and stabbed himself with it on the thigh. Newt and Teresa left Gally, who remained shocked, to rush to Thomas's aid.

Thomas had one last thought before blacking out.

I will remember Amelia.

✿✿✿

Hey everyone! Here's a long ass chapter just to make up for the time that I didn't write/update and how short the other 2 chapters were.

From now on, I'll try to update every Wednesday or Saturday!