Chapter 5: Timer's and More

Start from the beginning

"Hmm...maybe. I think we make a right here."

"No, Nate. That's the road to the hot springs. I heard that they might be doing some renevations soon. Besides, it's the next right."

They stopped in front of the watch shop known as Timer's and More. They only passed by it whenever they were visiting their friend Bear, who lived a few more feet down. To their surprise, they saw Lucas in front of the store, wistfully gazing inside.

"Hey, Lucas!"

"Hmm? Oh, hey you two."

"Interested in watches now?"

"No, it's not that. It's just...it felt like I've been here before, but I don't know why."

"Hey, Lucas? You know that weird noise you heard at the school? I don't think you'll be hearing it anymore."

"You think so? Well, that's good to hear. Well, I'm going to go elsewhere now. I'll be seeing you two again later probably."

He left, humming an odd tune. The two kids walked inside, the bell ringing to alert the owner of their presence.

"Hang on a minute, please!"

An elderly old man walked out of the back room and stood at the counter. Now, they had only caught a few glances of him before, but now that they were in front of him, they were surprised.

"Mr. Mortimer Goodsight is my name. I can't say that I remember you two in my shop before."

"We've past by a couple times to visit a friend of ours. He lives a few feet away from you actually."

"Hmm...yes. I remember seeing you two walking by, it's just I never seen you two in here. Can I help you with something?"

"Actually, yes! What can you tell us about these Watches we have?"

Nate and Katie walked up to the counter and showed Mr. Goodsight their Yo-kai Watches, praying that he didn't think that they were playing a joke on him.

"Oh, Yo-kai Watches! It's been a while since I've seen one of these!"

"Wait, you know about these?"

"Yes, and I can see your little friends too. Can two you keep a secret?"

Nate and Katie nodded.

"Well, I'm actually a Yo-kai myself!"

"Wait, you are?!"

Whisper nodded.

"Yep! Some Yo-kai prefer to mingle amongst the humans and take on a human form to do so! I'm surprised that didn't cross your minds at all. It's a common thing that Yo-kai do in folklore, after all."

That's true...

"But how do you know about the Yo-kai Watch?"

"Oh, I know the people that invented it."

He smiled and said,

"I assume you want to upgrade them, correct?"

"Yes, we want to find and battle stronger Yo-kai!"

"Well, I can do that! I just need you to pick up some items for me."

"Alright, what are they?"

"I need you to pick up two springs, two screws, and two cogs. One for each of your Watches."

"Okay, and where do we find the items?"

"Wayfarer Manor, Opal Bike Shop, and the Abandoned Mansion."