Chapter 4 - A New Friend

Here's another chapter. Enjoy!!!!!

Chapter 4 - A New Friend

Angelina's POV

When I opened my eyes I found myself in someone's car. I sat up to see Michael driving.

"Hey, you're up!" he said. "I took you to the nurse and she told me to take you home."

"But my car-," I began.

"Roger will take it." I lay back, my nose still hurting. "Come on Angelina, why'd you come between Jonathon and I?"

Why did I come in between them?

"I saw his fingers coming together in a fist and I wanted to stop him but he ended up hitting me," I told him. I wasn't sure if I was lying or not but I still said it.

"But I could have taken the punch Angelina."

"I know but I couldn't dare to see you with a blemish on your face," I blurted.

What was that all about? Couldn't I have said there's a no fighting rule in the school? I gave myself a mental face-palm. I turned over to him. Was he smiling all this time?

"Wait, how do you know where I live?"I questioned him. Was he a stalker? Or one of those under-cover-detectives? Or maybe an assassin?

"Roger told me," he said blankly. Way to crash my daydream.

"He did?" I asked. I was kind of surprised considering I hadn't spoken to Roger since morning.

"Yeah. He looked really upset with himself for leaving you this morning." I smiled at his words. So Roger finally cares.

About five minutes later he pulled up to my house. Within a blink of an eye he came out and was quick enough to open the door for me. He took my book bag and helped me to the door.

"Hi mum," I said.

"Lina, what are you doing home?" she looked at my nose. "Who did this to you?"

Michael explained the whole situation for mum and at every word she became angrier.

"I thank you for helping my daughter," she told Michael. "But I am personally going to pay the school a visit," she said getting her keys off the hook. "Would you mind staying with Angelina?"

"No Mrs. Thompson, it is fine," Michael said. "I'm Michael by th-,"

Mum didn't even take Michael on. She just went to her car.

"There are potatoes in the fridge," she called out as she drove out of the driveway. I opened the door then went in with Michael following. I made my way to the living room.

"Would you like some potatoes?" I asked him.

"Sure."

I dropped my bag on the couch then walked into the direction of the kitchen. Michael again followed me.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To help you ou-,"

"I can do it myself," I interrupted.

"Yes but you just fainted Angel. I can't allow you to get hurt again," he said.

He muttered something else but I didn't want to ask him to repeat. Michael was right I do need the help.

Wait! He called me Angel. I know boys would call you Princess, but Angel?

I sighed heavily as I opened the two-way door the kitchen. I got the two bowls and Michael got out the potatoes out of the fridge. After I served it he put them in the microwave to warm.

"You have a nice home," he complimented.

"Thanks," I replied.

The tension was overwhelming and as much as I love silence right now was just not the right time. The beeping of the microwave interrupted my thoughts.

While Michael took out the potatoes I made my way to the cupboard.

"Juice?" I asked. He nodded quickly.

I grabbed two glasses from the cupboard and made my way over to the fridge. As I opened the door I felt a bit dizzy. Then all I remember after that was being caught in a pair of strong arms.

"You need to sit," he said with concern in his voice. He took the two glasses from me, set them on the counter then carried me to the living room couch.

"I'll get the potatoes," he offered then he disappeared. He reappeared just as fast but returning with two bowls of mashed potatoes and two glasses of juice. He spoon fed me some potatoes.

"Thanks Mike," I said after I had swallowed.

"You're welcome," he replied as he fed me another spoon full of potatoes. I chewed and swallowed .

"No I mean thanks for everything. For sticking up for me for bringing me home and for staying with me now. I really appreciate it."

He turned light pink. I made Michael blush.

"That's what friends are for."

Became friends quickly don't you think. Just hold on little longer for more.

Hugs and kisses.

~Millypie