"Ok so what's the next step?" Claire asks, sitting down next to me. I have to force myself to look away. If it was up to me, I would spend a solid hour just staring into her eyes. They are so beautiful.

"You're not gonna like it," I shrug. She frowns, staring down at the piece of paper where I've listed the illegal drugs Zayn must've bought.

"I'm gonna get in touch with the few drug dealers who sell these, and I'm gonna figure out when and where he bought them, and hopefully get some information about where he is keeping Michael."

"What? You can't meet with drug dealers, that's dangerous!" Claire shakes her head, and I can't help but smile slightly. She doesn't want me in any danger. But...

"I have to do this if we'll have any hope of finding Michael," I say, leaning back in my chair. A troubled look spreads in her eyes.

"Then I'm going with," she says, and every inch of my body tenses. There's no way in hell I'll ever put Claire in danger.

"No you're not," I shake my head. I have to bite my lip not to say that she's gonna stay here in the apartment. That would just push her away. And this is another chance for her to see the real me. The me that she fell in love with 5 months ago.

"Claire, I'm with Harry on this one," Niall turns to her, finally talking some sense. It stings slightly when she looks at him for a few seconds, considering it, then nods. She still looks displeased, but she listens to him. Probably because she trusts him more than she does me.

She looks happier too.

"How can you even get in touch with those drug dealers?" She asks, and I close the laptop, getting up from the chair.

"This is New York," I say, walking to the hanger to get my coat. Her eyes grow worried and I find it comforting that she worries for me.

"I just have to walk outside."

•

CLAIRE

I really didn't want Harry to put himself at risk. But I could tell, there was no telling him otherwise.

He's been gone for just 30 minutes, and I'm already sweating like a maniac. I run my fingers through my hair as Niall pulls me closer to his side, putting his arm over my shoulder.

The talk with William really made me see this situation differently. The options are right there in front of me. Stay with Niall, no anxiety and no memories. Or give Harry another chance, get my memories back but also have intense anxiety until I do. Not to mention that it's uncertain if I'll ever get my memories back at all. I'm also still angry because of the fact that he punched Michael.

But I'm too worried about him to care about that right now. He said he would call once he's done. He already found the name of one of the dealers that sell what Zayn bought, and he's meeting with him now. I have almost bitten my entire nail off, as I tap my foot nervously against the floor.