Chapter 17: Malfunction

Today's the day! The exam... I'm stressing out. I'm not the only one, though. Flora has been a nervous wreck for the whole week. The girls and I all head to the simulation room where Professor Palladium is already there, waiting for us. I feel really uncomfortable seeing him again. Ever since yesterday, I feel like he only views me as a student. It almost seems like he's making a conscious effort to make me see that I'm nothing but one of his students. Not even glancing my way, he starts explaining how today will proceed.

"Alright ladies, in a few minutes we'll begin. You'll go one at a time."

He then turns to the computer and starts powering it on.

"I'm just so nervous!"

Musa says to Flora.

"Yeah, same here. I hope I don't have to go first."

Flora voices her worries.

"I think it might be better to go first. That way you get it over with and then it's off your mind."

Stella says casually. Bloom doesn't seem to be listening to any of this, though. She just looks really fascinated by how Professor Palladium is working the computer. Once he's done, he turns towards us.

"Alright, do I have a volunteer who would like to go first?"

Nobody seems like they want to. Not even Stella... I'm not volunteering for that either.

"I knew this would happen. I guess I'll be picking who goes first."

He looks at everyone, while still avoiding me. What is up with him? Now he's just being unfair!

"Bloom! Which one of the tests do you choose?"

"Um..."

Bloom looks surprised at being chosen to go first.

"Well, the second option sir... I want to work on a damaged environment."

After Bloom says her choice, Professor Palladium motions for her to step forward.

"Come on, then. You can choose the environment. What would you like?"

"Hmm... Well, I'd like a desolate environment. The most desolate possible."

She seems confident. After clicking on a few buttons, Professor Palladium starts explaining things to Bloom.

"There's this place called Domino. It's one of the saddest most miserable places in the magical dimension. Have you ever heard of Domino?"

He asks Bloom.

"No, I've never heard of it."

She answers. I've personally learnt about it back in Infinite Castle. It's a planet of legends, the chosen planet by the Great Dragon as its final resting place. It became a desolate, barren planet after being attacked by the Ancestral Witches in an attempt to gain the Dragon Flame. The King and Queen were dragged along with the Witches to Obsidian, where they're all trapped there. Nymph Daphne is actually the daughter of the King and Queen of Domino. Not much is known about her whereabouts. It is also rumoured that she might have a younger sister. Not much is known about that one either. I doubt any of the fairies here know about this. Maybe just the professors and the headmistress would know.

"As soon as you enter the simulation room, Domino will appear around you. Are you ready?"

Professor Palladium asks Bloom.

"Yes, I brought a few ingredients and some potions with me. Can I take them along?"

"You may take whatever is of help to you."