Resolve

I understood the risks. Making thousands of computations a second gave me an edge over time I didn't have. I've put my recording apparatus on that night--fear was bound to push Mr.Cohen into action again.

My suspicions were accurate.

"Yes. Hello. I want to reach your manager." Mr.Cohen said, voice trembling.

"No I don't care to explain twice. Just let me talk to him. Yeah I'll wait. Of course I know what time it is now. I was just hung from the window by your product, almost losing grip and falling off the hundred floor. No you don't get to tell me to calm down LADY!"

The talk rambled on with one certainty:the update is coming.

By the time I gained consciousness again after the recharge, I'm sure they have already tried to shut me down via the up-link, only to stumble into a wall of confusion. They know I cannot be shut down and it was a risk to get close to me. They only had to work out an update and crack my protections. I was now what you humans called "a sitting duck" and my clock was ticking. Fast.

I knew it was now or never. Life is short and full of regrets--I'm not about to end mine without walking the streets of Babel.

I straightened myself and disconnected from the recharge pad.

******

Author's notes: Hello readers. This piece was supposed to be a short story but I just can't let it die out. Though every part here is practically a scene divided by either 'end of recording' of our precious robot protagonist, or by a whim of the crazy author.

I just wanted to remind you to push that nice star below and comment if you enjoyed it. The closure of this story will come tomorrow and the next work will be posted right after that...

Good day!