Chapter 21: Preserving Friendship

Rather Be by Clean Bandit ^^^^^
(I love this song!)
~~~~~~

Tyler's POV:
"Katie! Mary!" I yell across the hallway. They both turn around, looking for me through the kids scrambling through the hallway. Schools make little hallways when there's clearly more than ten people moving through them.

"Over here!" I wave. They both see me and wait for me to cross the traffic. I cross as fast as possible, but still get hit at least twice trying to get to the other side. "Tyler!" Katie greets me, hugging me tight. "I missed you!" I say, hugging her back. Her hair gives off a fruity scent, making me want to hold her longer.

We start walking out with Mary third-wheeling next to us. She huffs, angrily walking in front of us. "She Ok?" I ask Katie.

"Yeah, she's just getting used to us dating. She'll be fine." Katie blows it off. I watch as Mary forcefully walks in front of us. To me, she doesn't seem like she's Ok.

"Tyler!"

From my left Jax tackles me, almost hitting Katie. "Watch where your going Jax!" Katie yells at him. "Sorry, I was just saying hi to my bro. If anything, you should watch out for me." He jokes with her. Katie rolls her eyes and grabs my hand again.

"What's up with Mary?" Jax asks, nodding towards her. "She's crying."

"What?!" I say confused. We rush up behind Mary to hear her tiny mumbles and tears sliding down her cheeks. "Mary what's wrong?" Katie asks sincerely. She shakes her head, refusing to tell her. "Is it about me and Tyler?" Again, she refuses to speak as we're walking outside to the parking lot.

"What is it?" Jax asks, putting his arm around her. Mary stops in place, turns towards Jax, and starts bawling her eyes out. "Me a-and Katie are n-never going to b-be a-able to hang out s-since she has a boyfriend!" She cries. That's what's she's mad/sad about.

"Mary, I'm not stripping away your friendship from Katie. I promise." I tell her. "Yeah, there'll always be time for you. Your my best friend," Katie says, lifting Mary's head towards her. "Nobody will ever change that, you hear me?"

Mary nods, slightly laughing. The two hug each other. Jax and I look at each other thinking the same thing. "I won't forget about you dude." I tell him. "You can't forget me bro, we're to close." He tells me, making me smile.

After everybody assuring their friendships, me and Katie say our goodbyes. "I'll talk things over with my stepmom." She tells me, looking straight into my eyes. "And I'll tell my Dad we're together." I say. We kiss, pulling each other closer until Jax comments, "Hurry up lovebirds, both of y'all are our rides home."

"Yeah, hurry it up." Mary complains.

We stop, both laughing afterwords. "We'll see y'all later!" I say goodbye. The two of them wave as they get in Katie's car and drive away. I get in my car, Jax waiting inside, and follow them out.

It's quiet for a few minutes before Jax asks, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Do you thing Mary might be into me?"

I Sell T-Shirts to my CrushOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara