Chapter 5

Max pov

 I look around the oddly small room. There is only one window. One desk. Two nightstands. I sit up in the bed and sigh hanging my legs off the edge of the bed. Both fists pressed into the mattress. I close my eyes steadying my spinning head. I reach up with one hand and rubs the back on my head feeling a sensitive lump. "Damn...I must have hit the floor hard." A whole bunch of memories suddenly flow through my head. "Shit that's what happened?"

I stand and places a hand on the bedpost to steady my legs. Then the doorknob rattles and Chris face slips into view from behind the door, "you called?" His voice filled with concern for some odd reason. 

"Nope. I'm good." I go to take a step forward to him and my knees give out. Two seconds later I'm being cradled in Chris arms. I am to dazed to ask how he got there fast.  I feel him slip me back on the bed. I place my hands behind my back holding myself up. 

"You okay?" Chris asks looking in my eyes with concern. 

"Y-yeah." I stutter.

He nods and lays me back gently and pulls the covers over my legs and over my shoulders as I turn over laying on my side. I forget that he is a bad guy just as my eyes close and I fall into a deep sleep once the covers reach over my arms.

~~Chris P.O.V~~

I smile slightly at how quickly she fell asleep. She is one strange creature I have to say. I walk over to the other side of the bed sitting there. I starts untying my boots when Max groans and turns over onto her other side facing me. I look at her sharply. She groans loudly again and opens her eyes. I stare into her eyes. She sits up and rubs her eyes. 

"You okay there?" I ask softly as she looks around looking lost.

"Uh yeah I think so." She keeps looking around and yawns.

"You do remember where you are right?" I ask slipping my boot off. She nods and covers her face in her hands. "You up to eating anything?" I ask slipping my other boot onto the floor.

"Uh maybe something small." She whispers and my boot hits the floor hard as I freeze hearing her soft whisper. I dont know why but hearing her normal hard tough voice turn into a small soft whisper triggered something in me. 

"Oh sorry. Yeah. Ill get you something." I get up quickly walking out. 

~max pov~

I look after the door curiously on what made him leave so quickly. Did i have something in my teeth or does my mouth still have dried saliva on it? I wipe at my moith and lick my teeth just in case.