Nandini didn't know what got into her that she behaved that way but something had changed between them. He was more than a pull and that wasn't funny anymore. She could feel her flesh burning by just being around him. Things were changing. She glanced at him and then drove off. She hit the wheel all frustrated at herself, she had waited there to meet him and now when he came in front of her, she couldn't bear the heat of her own heart. 

Manik saw her jeep disappearing in grey of evening and tried to depict what was wrong with her. 

"She is one firebrand," Harshad quipped holding Manik's shoulder. 

"It was so unlike her," Manik murmured still lost in his thoughts. 

Harshad dragged him inside but only Manik knew how much he was craving to be with her. 

_______________

Nandini stood on lowermost bar of iron railing as she let the night wind sooth her. Feeling of cold iron in her bare feet was more than relaxing, she wrapped her arms around her belly as cold raised her pores. She closed her eyes only to see her cadet looking at her after that thing he thought was kiss. She opened her eyes finding her throat going dry. 

She kissed him, he kissed her. And now things were messier. They both were on same page, but neither of them knew how to read this book any further. There were words hidden under white of paper and they could be seen only if they let the ink loose. It was going to be a battle of paper and ink for them to find a way ahead. 

She shook her head and turned around only to find Daadu standing at door of her room. She was in balcony since an hour. Daadu smiled in milky moonlight seeing her hellion wearing a face he had never seen. She looked solemn and that was unlike her. A lady was standing in front of him who always had might to put the world on fire but now she seemed to have it inside her warming her bit by bit. 

"I never knew you could be quiet for that long?" Daadu started. 

Nandini walked to him only to dive into his chest. Daadu patted her back to soothe her and she sighed. 

"You want to talk about something?" Daadu asked trying to see her face. 

"Nothing you can help with," She answered, her voice low. 

Daadu chuckled and walked her inside. 

"Even I was young once," He tried to coax her to open up. 

Nandini looked to be in some thought as she stared his face blankly. 

"I cannot discuss," She sealed the open letter her face was by diving into her pillow. 

She could not talk about that kiss and feeling which followed with Daadu any further. It wasn't something to discuss. It was just too raw to even word. 

Daadu kissed her head before he walked out of her room. 

___________________________

She didn't know it was taste of his lips or what she poured into that kiss, it was intoxicating. Nandini wore her loose sweater and tied her hair in a messy bun. She was going to see him today and she was sure there won't be ring of fire anymore. 

She got out of her room and leaped downstairs. Her father looked at her and she looked away trying not to get into anything because all she needed at that moment was Manik. Before she could reach the door, someone rang the doorbell. Servant ran to take the door and Nandini waited. Person on other side peeped in. There stood a suited Manik holding a box in his hand. Nandini gaped him in disbelief while servant gave him a way. He walked in and first person he saw was her. He smiled nervously. She didn't return the smile but her skin turned radiant. She was ablaze.

A Thousand Encountersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें