Bella's Arrival

I woke up this morning, feeling more tired than usual. I'd been up late the past two nights studying for a AP history test. It's so easy, but whenever we're handed the test, it's never the stuff on the study guide. We keep telling him, but he won't listen.

Today's the day that my sister comes to live with us. I haven't seen her in years. We were both six since we last saw each other. After that, I'd be spending time at my grandma's house. It was nice that they wanted me. My mother never wanted me, for whatever reason. But I couldn't care less about what she wanted. As long as I had my grandparents, I was set.

Anyway, our dad supposed to go get her sometime this afternoon. To be honest, I don't know if I want her to live with us. She's not.....fun.

Whenever she has free time, all she does is read. Sure, it has it's uses, but she doesn't do anything else. Not that I know of, anyway.

After I showered, walked into my closet. Debating on what I should wear. After a couple of minutes, I finally decided on a tunic-looking shirt with a white tank top underneath.

After I got dressed, I applied some makeup before heading down the stairs

"Morning dad." I said, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Morning sweetheart. How'd you sleep?"

"Horrible. I stayed up late to study for the stupid history test."

"I hope this test is worth it." He said, getting up from his chair.

"It better be. If it's not, I'm going to the principal. It's getting ridiculous."

I put a couple pop-tarts in the toaster, before grabbing some grape juice.

"I'll be gone after lunch, so I won't be able to pick you up from school."

"That's fine," I said, grabbing my pop-tarts. "I was gonna get a ride with Angela. If I can't, I'll walk home. I don't mind."

"Well, okay then. I see you when I get home."

Before I could say anything else, someone honking their horn interrupted me.

"That's Angela. I'll see you when you get home. "

"Bye sweetheart."

"Bye dad." I said, giving a quick hug.

I finished my breakfast before heading out the door.

I waved at Angela as I approached her car.

"Morning!"

"Morning, Khaleesi. Ready for the history test?"

"Hell no. Nobody is." I laughed.

Once I shut the door, we were off.

"I heard that your sister's coming home." She stated.

"Mmhm."

"You're dad must be excited."

"That's an understatement. He tells people every chance he gets. It's getting annoying. But he I haven't seen him this happy on a while, so I leave him alone." I said shrugging.

We continued to talk on the way to school. When we reached the parking lot, students were starting to file in. Angela parked as close as possible.

"Look, Lauren's hanging off Tyler's arm again."

I looked over to where she was pointing.

"She is definitely, a ho." I said cracking up.

We got out, and grabbed our stuff from the back seat.

"See you later."

Hopefully this day goes smoothly.

.......

After school let out, I met Angela at her car.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I just need to put my hoodie on, before we do." She said.

After she was ready to go, we pulled out of the parking lot.

"So, I know your sister's coming home. Are you gonna have to share a room?"

I shook my head.

"Hell no. There's a guest bedroom that's gonna be her room. My dad's been preparing this for weeks." I said, shaking my head.

"Why don't you like her?"

"I don't know. I guess it's because I'm more out going than."

When we pulled up to my house, my dad and sister were getting out of his cruiser.

"Thanks for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow." I said, getting out.

Shutting the door, I put a smile on my face, and walked over.

"Hey guys! How was your flight Bella?"

As Bella told me about her flight, I mentally braced myself for the school day tomorrow.