4

(Not edited)

"Roniiiii!"

"What? Nessa I'm trying to work on my project."

"Of course you are. Anyways, at school I met a guy. He is really cool."

"And?"

"I think I really like him."

"Oh-uh, what is his name?"

"Devan Key."
-
I was absolutely dreading today. Monday, the day I turn in my science project, and when I meet Devan.

I mean, it's great Nessa found someone she is interested in, but it's just strange. If they do end up getting together, I will be the cliché third wheel. 

I sighed and walked back into school holding my project I finished the day we had gotten it assigned. I awkwardly walked through the empty hallway that leads to all the classrooms. I always hated going through here alone, it just freaks me out. I sat my papers in the teachers box and began to book it to the gym. I tried to run without making much noise, until I was stopped by a hand placed on my shoulder. I flinched at the sudden movement until the heard my sister's familiar voice.

"There you are! Veronica meet Devan." She turned me around to face them. I put on my awkward smile and waved to have my hand grabbed into an incredibly uncomfortable handshake.

"So nice to finally meet you Veronica!" His voice boomed. His eyes stared right through mine. His eyes felt so familiar, I couldn't place the feeling.

"You as well, um-" the bell rung by Leung followed by angry stomps from students. "I need to head to class, but see you both later." I waved and walked quickly to my class.

When I walked in the first thing I noticed that a seat in the front row was empty. Oddly I felt a tad but disappointed that Collins wasn't here. I guess I looked forward to my next chat with him, even though he doesn't know who I am.

I jolted down notes and random doodles through the class until there was the piercing sound of the classroom door creaking open. In walked in Mr. Hoodie.

"Now can you please tell why your-" our teacher stopped mid-sentence as him and Collins met each other's gaze. "Mr. Key, please take your seat."

Collins nodded and sat down filling that empty seat in the front row. Everyone was confused at the teacher's sudden change in demeanor, but he continued as if it was nothing. All I could recall from the situation was what our teacher had called Collins.

Mr. Key

It all made since now, his eyes. They were so similar. I could be wrong, there isn't a chance they are brothers..

I quickly dismissed the thought as small smile appeared on my lips as I tried to silently rip an empty sheet of paper from my notebook.

"Being mysteriously late fits you."

I scribbled down.

"What makes you think that? - Collins"

"Your all hidden. I know nothing about you except your face."

"What is that even supposed to mean? And I don't even know your face. - Collins."

He also doesn't even know the Grammar.

"Yeah, but that that is the point. Anyways, why were you late? Doing some Mysterious boy stuff?" I drew a pretty nice Mystery Machine, I was proud. It felt weird to write something out, being myself in an actual conversation? Never happens.

"You could call it that I guess. Class is almost over and I haven't wrote down any notes yet. Write you tomorrow. - Collins"

Well, I ruined that quickly.

"sorry if I upset you. - The Girl in the Back :("

I didn't get that paper back. I felt a little sick. not only because I lost the Mystery Machine drawing, but because I think I made my only friend mad.
:(
-
Hey, sorry I haven't updated. I want this book to be the best it could be so I don't want to rush a chapter and ruin the book 😂 ❤️ you all are so sweet!