2

Veronica
-

"Sorry I'm late!"

I swung the door open and all eyes were on me. I let out a small sigh and gave a awkward smile.

"Please take your seat Veronica." Our teacher sighed.

I walked in cautiously meeting the eyes of many of the students stares. I found my seat at the back of the class and sat down. I opened my notebook and began to write what was on the board like I knew what we were talking about. Our teacher began to go on about the topic.

I looked up and seen many kids doodle and texting. I scanned around until i found one person actually listening. The boy in the hoodie. of course that's not his name, but that's what I knew him as. He always wore a hoodie that consisted of very dull colors and had his earphones in. I have observed that he doesn't really talk to people. At least the times I have encountered him he just tried to find his way through everyone. An idea sparked to mind as I looked back down at my paper.

"What's your name? - Girl in the back" I wrote and formed it into an airplane. Everyone had the folds memorized since its all we did when we were younger.

With that, I flung it straight towards the back of his head. I know its not the most effective way to talk to someone new, but its not like he would reply if I talked to him anyways. As the plane hit him he flinched and picked it up. I watched him unfold it until he twisted his body around to look for to copret. I immediately flung my head right back down to my paper as if I was re reading what I had wrote.

nothing. Great.

I looked up to see an air plane zoom by before I caught it. I carefully unfolded it and flattened it with my hands before reading.

"Stop. - Collins"

Getting some amusement out of this I wrote back.

"Hi Collins :) - Girl in the back"

This time I tried to aim it to go next to his seat and not in his face. Of course, it hit the back of his neck. Oi.

He slowly grabbed the paper that had landed near his feet. It was hard not to laugh when I watched his reaction. He furiously wrote something small on the paper and threw it aimlessly towards the back of the class.

 As soon as I got the courage to grab the paper airplane he looked back im assuming to find out who was sending the notes so he could bring the situation up to the teacher. I immediately swung my hand away from the paper and to my shoelace as if I was fixing it. once he looked away I grabbed the note and hid it on my lap. I opened it to where I could see what he wrote.

"Well what is your name, Girl in the back?"

it caused me to smile. It was strange of me to be doing this sort of thing.

I need to tell Nessa.

I sat staring at the unfolded paper airplane wondering what to write back.

"Of course I can't write my actual name." I thought, that's asking to get detention. I sat up straighter as an idea came to mind.

"I will tell you once you find me :) - Girl in the Back"

Satisfied I flung it back towards him. Before he could get a hold of it, the bell had rang. All the kids stood up causing a lot of unnecessary noise and sprang out of the class room. I for once went along with them