3

"Nessa!"

I waved my hand in the air from my position in the cafeteria. I had to tell her about this morning. She finally had noticed my calls and smiled making her way towards me with her tray in hand.

"What has you all excited? Especially at school?" She joked that caused me to roll my eyes.

We found an empty table and sat down as I began to explain everything. Nessa had given me look showing she felt uneasy about the whole thing.

"Uh, Roni are you sure this will work out?" She turned to me eating some of her lunch.

"Of course it will. I just can't let him see or notice me." I smiled and began to eat some of my lunch as well.

"You go to the same school. And he lurks." She looked around until her eyes stopped to a hallway door across the cafeteria.

"He does no-"

She points making a familiar boy in a hoodie being seen.

"See, he lurks Roni."

"Collins does not lurk. He is most likely just waiting for his friends." I stated confidently.

"Collins?" Nessa's raises her eyebrows as she eats another fry.

"That is his name!" I groaned.

Nessa, finding this amusing began to laugh until she snorted which made her laugh even more. 

"Ugh, I will see you later Nessa." I stood and grabbed my lunch leaving the cafeteria.

I heard calls of my name being jumbled with the talk of others making it easier to block it out. I walked through the halls occasionally taking a bit of my granola bar thinking about this morning.  I don't understand why Nessa doesn't like I'm finally trying to make a friend. I'm make friends in my own, unique way.  Sudden shuffling interrupted my thoughts. I scrunched down behind a door as someone passed.

It was Collins.

He look had his hoodie off which was unusual. He looked around until he faced me.
Woah.
I never knew his eyes were blue, but you can't miss them. His eyes immediately stared straight at me. I slowly stood up not losing his gaze and awkwardly swung the door shut.

"What are you doing?" Collins glared.

"I was-uh looking for my.. Pencil!" I beamed at him, but I got no smile in return.

"Oh were you?" his scowl turned into a small smirk. I nodded and laughed at how awkward this whole situation was. "Anyways, shouldn't you be with your friends? its lunch."

"What friends?" I asked giving him the exact glare back. From that point we just stood there all awkward and silent.

"Well, see you later C-" as I turned away I froze. He never told me his name.

"What?"

"Nothing see you later."

Dios mio dios mio. I just kept repeating that in my head as I attempted to walk normally out of the hallway. This was all to risky for me so, for the rest of the lunch period I ended up eating outside by myself which didn't faze me really. Once the bell had rang I kept my head down and ran to my next class. I couldn't wait to just go home.

-

I don't really like this chapter xD cringe