chapter twentynine

Start from the beginning

I look up to see that it's Zack's fist. "What the hell is up with you?" Liam says with half a laugh. But looking at Zack, he's not here to joke around. There's always one thing or another pissing this guy off.

Zack turns angrily to Gigi and his nostrils are flared. Still, he hasn't said a word but Gigi stands up and looks almost bashful and awkward. She's signalling him to come out. "What's going on?" I ask, looking at Gigi so Zack doesn't need to reply.

"It's nothing." She quickly replies, patting Zack and walking out the cafeteria. I'm tempted to follow but I look around the table and Liam's shaking his head.

"What the hell's that?" Karlie's voice looms over us as she arrives at the table, with Taylor beside her. Taylor takes a seat beside me and looks at the rest of the guys and I with eyebrows raised. "GUYS." Karlie clears her throat, finally sitting down.

"Zack just came all huffing and puffing and Gigi went outside with him." Zayn finally speaks, nodding his head. He's quiet again, finishing up his lunch. I turn to face Karlie who looks annoyed now.

"What?" Her eyebrows are furrowed together with a huge frown. "And you just let her walk out?" She's looking at specifically me now. I realise that Taylor's looking at me too now.

"Would you tell us what the hell's going on with you two?" Taylor looks away from my gaze now and turns to Zayn. She's running her hands through her hair as she looks at her lunch now. I'm trying not to stare at her but I can't help it. There's something about her that makes my eyes linger on her forever.

"Yeah, thought you guys were, I don't know, together?" Niall nervously chuckles, trying to avoid Karlie's wrath on us. Zayn's looking at Niall as he talks and he looks a bit awkward at the question. Shrugging, Zayn's also shaking his head with a small smile.

"I don't know. We're really just friends. We fooled around at the party but she enjoys my company and I enjoy hers." He's got this uneven smile, scratching the back of his neck. I feel myself kind of smile when I realise the irony of Taylor and I asking Zayn and Gigi what they're up to.

"Just let them be." I put my hand on Taylor's arm, giving her a relaxed smile. It's probably not the best for Gigi to even jump into anything serious after Zack. Here's to hoping that she does get out that complicated thing with Zack.

"If he's gonna cause trouble," Karlie points at us with her index finger. "he's gonna catch these hands." She pauses to think. "Probably Harry's but same thing." Taylor giggles as she puts Karlie's finger away.

(taylor)

Andrew Walker is notorious for throwing lavish parties every year after single exam week. As per tradition, he is throwing one tomorrow night again. After the mid-terms, we get a week off school and it's a quiet Saturday after receiving our results this week -- Selena and I are sitting in Gigi's walk-in closet, trying to find something to wear for the party tomorrow night.

Selena's sitting with her legs folded on the floor and examining as Gigi does a little catwalk for us. "This top is gorgeous! But," She pauses, stroking her chin as if deep in thought. "Maybe a cute little black skirt!" She snaps her fingers, smiling ear-to-ear.

I'm lying down on the floor with my head resting on Selena's lap. I make approving noises. Gigi turns to me with her hands on her hips and smiles.

"I don't mean to be so vain!" Gigi turns around, going through another rack of clothes. "This is the only way I know how to distract myself with the hot mess that's my life right now." She's shaking her head, picking out the hangers with dark-colored tight skirts on them. Zack and Gigi had been going on since forever and it's always been rather unstable and she's been getting along so well with Zayn. All we can do is try to understand her but it's always been hard with Gigi.

Selena removes my head off her lap and gets up. "Okay, my turn!" Her voice sounds like honey and makes Gigi and I giggle. I'm starting to sit up as Selena starts properly raiding Gigi's closet.

"So, when are you going actually cut this Zack parasite out your life?" I finally ask, clearing my throat. Gigi turns to face me from Selena and presses her lips into a straight line. She's shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head again. "Gigi, seriously."

"I told him we're done. That day at lunch." She answers finally. Reaching for the hanger that Selena's holding, she speaks again. "I just want to have fun." She cocks an eyebrow and gives a mischievous smile.

Selena bursts into laughter and gives Gigi a slight nudge. "As long as you keep good people in your life, I'm cheering you on, babe." She says as she looks into the mirror, hovering a black dress over herself.

"Me too." I reply. Gigi turns to me and I finally break into a smile. "Now," I rush to another clothing rack. "My turn!!"

We spend rest of the two hours in Gigi's closet, trying to put together each others' outfits because, let's face, Gigi will never actually wear half the clothing she owns. Her style changes almost every other month and she even forgets that she's bought something.

Selena's outfit consists of a flowing black dress with lace detailing around the waist as well as the chest. Lace and the colour black is a staple of any Selena's night out outfit. She does a few twirls for us, allowing us to fully soak in the beauty of the free flowing dress. "Gigi, this is beautiful. I cannot believe you have kept this gem hidden for so long!"

Gigi's eyes still on Selena as she laughs. "I swear that wasn't my intentions!" She walls over to Selena and rests her head on Selena's shoulder.

Karlie's voice booms as she enters the closet. She glances over at us and then faces back to Gigi with an urgent look. "Hey, Zack is downstairs." I raise an eyebrow at Gigi who's too distracted by the news to realise. Another odd thing is that Karlie isn't imploding herself at this moment at the mention of Zack. 

---

NOTE: it'll get good soon don't worry!