After describing the assignment he started listing off names for groups. Finally it came down to their only being myself and four other students sitting it their seats. "And the last paired group will be Julie, Jason, Abby, Diana, and Brian. Okay everyone, get writing!"

The teacher started walking towards me with long strides, "Well Julie I guess all we can do is ask you what instruments you play?"

"Piano, guitar, and I also sing Mr.....?"

"Mr. Adams." He smiled and stuck out his huge hand, "It's my pleasure working with you. All the instruments are in the back of the room in the storage room. Get what you need."

I gave him a curt nod of reassurance and he pivoted on his heels and walked to his desk. I turned my vision to the members of my group. 

The boy who had been seated next to me spoke up, "Well my name is Jason, over there is Abby, she's kind of shy. Brian, he's killer on the drums. And that's Diana. She can pretty much play anything with strings." 

The girl named Abby shuffled and hung her head in response, Brian waved excitedly and Diana just stared at her nails. I looked back over at Jason and he gave me a dazzling smile.

We began discussing our styles of music, favorite songs and what we were going to start off with. We decide on one of my favorites, 'Breakeven' by the Script.

After all the talking ceased, words disappeared and the only think prominent was the sound of music. Abby was at the keys, Diana was with a bass, Brian at the drums and Jason at the guitar. Of course I was singing.

And ever since the second we played the first note to 'Breakeven' by The Script, I knew we were something more than a bunch of misfits in a classroom, we were a band. 

I could remember the day as if it happened yesterday. I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for that day that I walked into class late and got assigned in our group. 

I closed my locker with a loud bang and walked down the hall towards the cafeteria. I still was wondering as to why Jason is acting the way he is towards Aiden, and I was going to find out.

I stalked off in the direction of the cafeteria and grabbed my unidentifiable lunch from the now short line. I passed the popular table, also known as the 'A' table. I spotted Aiden sitting between a bunch of cheerleaders practically sitting on his lap while he looked very uncomfortable.

I diverted my eyes from him as he turned to catch my gaze and plopped myself down on the bench seat right beside Jason, placed my tray on the table and turned my whole body to face my best friend. 

It took him a few seconds before he realized I was staring at him expectantly, patiently. He turn his sharp gaze on me, opening and closing his mouth like a fish deciding on what he should say. 

Now I knew what Abby was talking about when she said Jason was a little off today. Of course I knew the source of that edge, well part of it at least. His jaw was tight, showing he has been gritting his teeth. The usual glow that surrounds him is dimmed and his hands were shaking ever so slightly, something he only does when he is mad of upset.

I gently took his hand to calm him and he noticeably relaxed. I looked over the others at the table, the members of the band, and saw the questioning looks they were giving us. I shook my head and looked away, turning my gaze back on Jason expectantly.

Abruptly he stood up with my hand still in his, dragging my along behind him leaving our untouched so called food on the table. His strides were taking three tiles at a time as he led me out the doors that opened to and expanding grassy area that had a few students perched against the scattered trees. Picnic tables were set out at random for those who enjoy the outdoors but not the soggy wet ground.