one

Thank you for wanting to give this fan fiction a try.
I hope I don't disappoint anyone.
Feel free to leave comments also. I'd love to hear from you readers.
Now without further ado...

Welcome to the world of
Gangsta.

Mai's pov

*flashback to age 18*

Walking through a long hallway, being lead by a broad shouldered, tall tan skinned man in a suit. Windows lining the hall.

"We probably passed... I don't know, at least 5 doors already. Where the hell is this guy taking me?" Thinking to myself, playing with my collar with tags attached to it, glaring at the man in front of me. My tags hitting each other making a clinking noise as I walk further.

We keep on walking till the man stops in front of a pair of doubles doors

He turns his head and glares at me. "When we go inside, do not be rude or you'll be throw out."

"Whatever." I scoff rolling my eyes at him.

The man uses both his hands to open both doors.

The room is huge with windows, one containing a balcony. To the left side of the room was is a sitting area with a maroon colored sofa where a little girl with blond hair was sitting at with another man in a suit stood next to. There are also two black armchairs too. To the right of the room were bookcases filled with books and some shelf decorations. And to the center of the room was a huge desk and a big chair turned to the window.

The chair turned around as soon as the doors closed shut behind me. Sat on the chair revealed an older looking man with blond hair and a scar on his lip.

"Welcome to the Cristiano family house. My name is Luca Cristiano. Since you're a twilight, I would like to give you a specific mission. Will you accept my offer?" The man seated on the chair says folding his hands together.

"What's in it for me?" I stare at Luca as I fold my arms together shifting my weight to my left side.

"Well, you will be protected by the Cristiano family of course. Only if you do carry out your mission." A wide smile appears on Luca's scarred lips.

"And what is the mission?" I ask glaring at him this time.

"The mission is being my daughter's bodyguard." He says as he shifts his gaze to his right where the little girl was still sitting on the sofa.

I follow his gaze as see the little girl looking at me from where she's seated.

"Her name is Loretta Cristiano Amodio. She's only 7 and she's picky with her guards. I was hoping she'd accept a female bodyguard since her mother passed away and I believe Loretta needs a female role model in her life.

"She doesn't seem too much to handle..." I think to myself looking at Loretta while she hides behind the armrest of the sofa.

"And what if I refuse?" I ask turning my gaze back to Luca.

"Well I'll have you thrown back to the slums where you came from then. I don't think you'd mind being back there with the rank you're at." He says looking at my tags that say A/3.

I look back at Loretta, who was slowly, but cautiously walking towards me. She takes the end of my flannel shirt, with an innocent look on her face and asks
"Will you be my friend?"

I turn to look down at her, feeling a weird spark in my chest. For some reason, I get a warm tingly feeling. One I haven't felt in a long time. One I haven't felt since I was back with my family... well when I still had them...

I look back at Luca.

"... fine I'll do it. Not for you, but for her." I glaring at him.

I bend down to Loretta's height and take her by her hands.

Giving her a heartwarming smile, I answer "Of course I'll be your friend, Loretta. My name's Mai. I won't let anything happen to you. I'll be like your big sister from now on."

Giving me a big smile, Loretta hugs me thanking me.

"Wonderful, the contract is complete. I will have a maid prepare a room for you as you will be living here from now on."

"Father! I want Mai to sleep in my room!" Loretta demands still clinging onto me.

"Well if my daughter wishes it, I'll grant it. Mei you are to sleep in my daughter's room then. I will have a maid prep a futon for the room."

Loretta smiles even bigger and grabs your hand, leading me out of Luca's office.

As you're making you're way out of the room, before turning back to the window, Luca says,

"Welcome to the Cristiano family, Mai Blackwood."

__________________________
Thank you for reading my first chapter of Icarus.

If you are confused, this chapter was a flashback of how everything began.

Of how Mai meets Loretta for the first time.

Please continue to read, vote, and comment.

Go check out my other books as well if you'd like.

Once again, thank you readers!