Chapter Two - Practice match

Start from the beginning

"You idiot! Get over here!" I yelled at him. "Gomen, gomen." He apologized to me as he came over obediently. "Kise Ryota?" I heard some of the boys question on Seirin's team. "What is he doing here?" I looked back to the girl and smiled. "Sorry, I haven't introduced myself formally. My name is Kugayama Chihiro, I am Kaijo's manager." The girl's eyes widened but her surprised expression turned soft quickly. "My name is Aida Riko. I am Seirin's coach." I nodded, her father is well known in the athletic society. It did not surprise me that she is the coach and not the manager. "It's nice to see you again." Kuroko said as he came over. "Kuro - Kun." I said happily as I pounced at him, giving him a hug. "WHAT?!" His teammates exclaimed. Kuroko petted my head affectionately and looked down at me with his ice blue eyes. "What are you doing here?" "Nooo, Kurokocchi! Chihirocchi is mine!" Kise whined as he pulled me away from Kuroko. I patted the blond kitty on the head as he crouched while hugging his arms around my waist like a small child. It has always been like this. The boys from Teiko always have fought for my attention, ever since that stupid challenge from Akashi. I don't fight it as much anymore, since they begin to fight amongst themselves. . . it's best that everyone stays happy. Kuroko moved to my side even though Kise yelled protests at him and crouched down in a squatted position beside me. I sighed and ran my fingers through his hair. "You guys are like little kids. What am I going to do with you?" "Ano. . . Who are you exactly? How do you know Kuroko - Kun?" A boy with near silver eyes asked. "Yeah, how does Kuroko - Kun know such a pretty girl?" A boy with light brown hair asked. "We are friends from middle school, me along with all the other members from the generation of miracles." I replied. "Huh. . ." Aida said before switching gears. "Introduce yourselves." "My name is Hyuga Junpei, I'm the team captain. This is Shun Izui, Taiga Kagami. . ." I smiled and nodded to the rest of the members as they were introduced in turn. "My name is Kugayama Chihiro. It is nice to meet all of Kuro - Kun's friends." I looked down as Kuroko had begun to paw at me. "You didn't answer my question." He said. "Oh, Kii - Kun and I are here to pick you up. Aka - Kun has apparently set up that you and the others are staying at my house tonight." "Yay! Sleepover!" Kise exclaimed as he let me go, Kuroko standing himself up as well, sensing that I wanted to be let go of. My whole body suddenly tensed and before I knew it I had moved and stepped in front of Kise, stopping an incoming basketball that had been thrown at him. The ball spiraled in my hand then dropped to the floor, making a dull thunking noise. "What the hell. Are you trying to give someone a concussion?!" I yelled. "Kagami!" Hyuga barked. "Sorry for interrupting tea time, but don't tell me you came all the way here just to get Kuroko. Why don't you play me, pretty boy?" Kagami said, completly ignoring me. "What? I don't know if I am ready for that." Kise said lazily. "You are not playing him." I said immediately. "What are you his keeper? Girls shouldn't involve themselves in a man's game. Leave us be." Kagami said to me in english. "Chihirocchi no!" Kise yelled as he lunged forwards to grab me, but unfortunate for Kagami, he was too slow. I flew forwards, tackling the tall boy to the floor. I got levereage by placing my knee on his chest then pulling his arm up so that he would be unable to move. "Do you want to say that again to my face?" I growled as I brought my fist up, going to hit him. "Stop this." Kise said as he had grabbed my fist right before I contacted with Kagami's face. "Chihiro - Kun." Kuroko said as he put his hand on my shoulder. I have to admit my temper is just as bad as Akakshi's can be. I can usually hold my rash actions but what he said irritated me. He has no right to attack my friend and then say that I am not good enough to play basketball. I stared down at the ring around Kagami's neck then let out a sharp breath then let the boy go. "You're lucky they were here to stop me. I would have killed you with my own hands." I said to him as I stepped to the side. "That wasn't kind, Kagami - Kun. I won't have you saying something like that to Chihiro - Kun." Kuroko said as he stood in front of me. "She's strong." Koganei gasped. I smiled then stepped out and around Kuroko. "Chihirocchi." Kise said worryingly. "Iie. It's fine." I told him, patting him on the side. "Have any of you heard of the Teiko legends? The story." I asked, motioning for Izuki to pass me the ball. "There's a story?" Furihata questioned. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Kise asked, as he stepped back. "I won't have him make fun of me and I definately won't have him try to hurt you." I replied as I pushed Kagami out onto the court. "The story goes as such. Six miraculous players gifted to play basketball are only born every few decades. This generation contains Aomine Daiki, the ace. Kise Ryota, the copy cat. Midoriama Shintaro, the shooting genius. Murasakibara Atsushi the core. Kuroko Tetsuya the phantom and Akashi Seijuro the leader." I began dribbling the ball back and fourth, watching as Kagami bent into a ready position; sensing that I am challenging him. "The team was unbeatable. As a unit they are at their strongest but a unexpected girl came, terminating the long lasting winning streak of the Teiko elite team." I moved then so fast that Kagami barely saw it coming. He chased after me and when I went to dunk the ball, he was there, jumping to stop me, but he had jumped too late and knocked me sideways. This would have been a penalty if we were in a real game, but no matter. . . I turned my body in mid air, taking a shot from behind my back. I landed on the balls of my feet and heard the clean swish of the ball going into the basket. I stood and looked at the wide eyes of the Seirin team. "It does not matter how hard you try and beat the members from the generation of miracles because even if you do acheive to do that. You still have me to face." I told Kagami as I walked past him. "Y-y-you've beaten all of them?" Hyuga stammered. "Twice to be exact." Kuroko said as he began to gather his things. "Aida - Senpai. Would you accept a practice match between Kaijo and Seirin?" I asked as I stopped to talk to her. "We would be honored." She said as she held out her hand. "Next Wednesday works for us. Does that match with your schedual?" She nodded as we gave each other a firm handshake. "I will see you all soon then. Ja ne." Kise followed along by my side and Kuroko sped to catch up with me. I am going to crush Taiga Kagami.