"You're welcome to go run around in this storm," Scarpaw mumbled, "some lightning would do you good." Maskpaw cast her a venomous glance, but said nothing.

      "We could always find something around camp to do?" Sparkpaw tried to ease the tension.
Leopardpaw twitched an ear. 

      "In this weather? No, thank you. If you all want to clean mud out of your pelts for the next moon, then by all means, have at it. I'm going back to my nest." Scarpaw let her friend pass, inching closer to the den entrance, where Sparkpaw was gazing out.

      "What did you have in mind?" Anything seemed better than lying around in the musky den all day.

      "We could always see if Webear needs anything," Sparkpaw mewed, flicking an ear towards the rocky den closest to the Half-tree. "She's usually quite busy, not having an apprentice and all."

      Scarpaw thought of the scrawny medicine-cat, always working effortlessly to make sure the clan was healthy and cared for. She had only spoken to Webear a pawful of times, but from those few encounters, she didn't seem to be a dislikable cat by any standards. "Yeah, sure. I don't mind."

      "Great," Sparkpaw stood, shaking some droplets from his crooked whiskers, "let's go."

          The entrance to Webear's den reminded Scarpaw of Snowstar's den in a way, surrounded by ancient, mossy stones and overgrown reeds. Pushing past, the two apprentices were greeted to a large stone cave, going far back into an earthy resting space with ragged stones for holding herbs, a small pool of fresh water, and thick growth to protect from any sort of invasion. 

          Scarpaw approached the entrance to the cave, calling, "Webear, are you there?" She could hear a quick welcome mew from deep inside, and quickly rushed in, escaping the cold rain.
     Webear was busy making poultices near the end of the earthy cave, too wrapped up in her duties to turn and properly greet the apprentices. 

      "Yes, hi. You can drop them right by the rock, there."

      Scarpaw and Sparkpaw exchanged a confused glance, and Sparkpaw stepped forward, twitching his whiskers. "Er, we weren't brought here by anyone or with anything... We actually came to see if you needed any help."

      Webear blinked, stopping to look over at the two apprentices, surprise shining in her eyes. "Oh, my bad; I thought it was Woodpaw again, bringing more herbs. Venomsight sure has been keeping him busy." Scarpaw narrowed her eyes, curiosity pricking at her paws, but she stayed quiet as Sparkpaw continued to speak.

      "Not this time."

      "What was it that you needed, again?"
Sparkpaw blinked, "Our training for today has been delayed by the storm, and we were curious if you needed anything from us before we spend the rest of our day hiding from the rain."

      "Oh, I see; that's kind of you both. I would appreciate it if you took this goldenrod poultice to the elders den for me. Coldclaw and Fawneyes have stiff and aching joints."

      "Ah, of course." Sparkpaw's tone seemed almost a bit disappointed, but Scarpaw lit up at the chance to go and visit the elders again; she missed Slowcloud's company. Webear's single white ear twitched restlessly as she gathered the herb, dropping the poultice's at the two apprentice's paws. Scarpaw gathered hers quickly, turning towards Sparkpaw with an expression that gave nothing away. 

      "You go on ahead, I'll be there in just a moment."     He simply blinked, thoughts swimming in his brilliant blue-green eyes, but said nothing as he padded slowly out of earshot. She took a breath, looking back towards Webear, who had returned to her herbs.