Chapter 2

I woke up around 10 AM. I checked my phone as soon as I was awake enough. There was a text from Eathan asking if I was okay. I text him saying I was fine. I slipped quietly out of my bed. My little feet hitting the floor.

I slowly walked over to my mirror, phone in hand. I touched the mirror and found myself somewhere else entirely. I gasped as I took in the luscious green grass, spread across a massive valley. There were little dots of color, flowers I guess. I took a step and suddenly fell. The green grass was suddenly dead and brittle. The tree's twisted, almost broken.

I got to my feet and looked for a way back to my room. I fell backwards and hit the hardwood floor with a loud thwack. Pain shot through my arms. I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming.

I laid there for a while, making sure nothing was broken. After I was sure nothing was broken I got up and looked at my mirror. How had that happened? I thought. Nothing like that had ever happened before. Should I tell Eathan? No. I answered myself.

After I was done checking everything, I grabbed my ear buds and my iPod. I immediately turned to Young by my favorite band, Hollywood Undead. Turning it up full blast, I went downstairs and into the kitchen only to find Mom and Dad already sitting in their spots, drinking their morning cup of coffee.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, they automatically stopped taking. "What? Did I do something wrong?" I looked over at my mom who avoided any eye contact with me. "Mom, what were you talking about?"

Dad immediately intervened, "Abby, don't talk to your mother that way." I just stood their, dumb found. What has made them act this way? I thought. Whatever I did just have been pretty bad...but what did I do?

I slowly grabbed a bagel and cream cheese out of the fridge, pretending not to listen. I carefully put my bagel in the toaster and waited for it to cook. I looked over at Dad as if asking what I did.

All he did was motion to me that my bagel was done. I turned around, took it out, spread the cream cheese, and ate it. I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed out the door with my bag.

Walking to school is easy for me, but I felt off about something. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. That's when I heard the honk of a car and felt the front bumper on my body.