Chapter 6

Lizzie's POV

Walking into school felt different, no one knew it yet but everything was fixing to change. Matthew walked me to my locker as we made conversation about some random question he had asked me.

"Dang, when did you get a real sense of style?" I hear from behind me. Turning around I see Jessie and Lauren walking up to us.

"Oh you know, I just decided to look farther back in my closet then where dresses start to appear." I say with a laugh. Jessie just rolls her eyes.

"I have been telling you to do that since freshman year." I just shrug. Before the 2 girls can ask anymore questions as to why I dress better the bell rings and we head to class.

"Tá scéal níos fearr de dhíth orm ná sin! Tá a fhios ag an bheirt acu nach bhfuil aon fhaisean faisin agam." I say quickly. Matthew just laughs.

"Súil go dtosnódh ní dhéanfaidh siad aon rud amach go dtí Blianta Nua." I just give Him a look.

"Yeah you don't know those two." I say before walking into class. Mr. Francis smiles as I take my seat towards the middle.

"Good morning Ms. Whelen, Mr. Carter."

"Good morning Mr. Francis." Matthew follows behind me and takes a seat in his assigned seat. As the class begins Mr. Francis review what we have learned about Raiña.

"This morning I started to research about events going on in Raiña now, and came across an announcement that was sent out to everyone yesterday." I look over at Matthew with wide eyes. Mr. Francis his play and dims the lights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The video ends and I feel sick. My Aunt announced a war on Rei claiming that they have been sending threats to the royal family. The bell rings and I am out of my seat running out to the court yards.

"Elizabeth, wait." Matthew yells from behind me. I stop just before I can exit school property. Even though Rei isn't my kingdom I feel a responsibility towards it, especially when the country declaring war against it is my own.

"Ma- Greyson, how can she do that? Rei hasn't done anything." I say with tears in my eyes. Matthew pulls me into a hug.

"I know. Your Aunt is a horrible but my father is taking care of the situation right now." I shake my head against his chest.

"No, we can do something, you need to go home. You need to be there with your parents. Create a strong front for your kingdom to believe in." I say pulling back and looking him in the eyes.

"I'm not leaving you here alone. Especially with your Aunt acting how she is. There is a reason she is declaring war, she might know we found you."

"You need to go. I won't be alone I have Delcan, Marie, Hayes, and Niall. No one will be able to get me with them here." Matthew sighs.

"I guess you're right. B-" I cut him off.

"I am. Which means you need to call your father right now and set up the jet to take you back." I say giving a pointed look. He pulls out his phone and quickly dials a number. I watch as he speaks to his father before hanging up.

"Father set the jet to come and get me tomorrow night. Are you sure you are OK with me leaving?" I laugh.

"Greyson I survived before we knew we were betrothed, I think I'll be fine for the few weeks you are away. And if at any point I need to talk to you I have this amazing invention called a cell phone that allows me to call and text you." I say sarcastically making sure to use his fake name since we are still at school. He laughs.